Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sargento Ultra Thin VoxBox

 photo de1b72c2-480b-49e9-a316-33bb115b6364.jpg

I was provided a chance to participate in trying out Sargento's new Ultra Thin cheese slices by Influenster.  They sent me their Sargento Ultra Thin VoxBox and I have to say I was pretty jazzed.  I am already a frequent buyer of Sargento cheese so I know they have a great product and who doesn't like free stuff right??

It was pretty funny when my box arrived in the mail. I told the boyfriend that it was on it's way and there was going to be a voucher or coupon inside and a gift. I knew this because Influenster sent out a survey first where they had some questions to see if I would be a good candidate for what they had to offer at the time. The questions were focused on cheese so I didn't know exactly what it was for but I was pretty safe thinking it would be cheese. Influenster then said what it was and that they wouldn't actually be sending cheese, it would be a voucher and there would be a gift.  So the box arrives and the boyfriend puts it in the refrigerator and forgets to tell me about it. We went out that night so I hadn't looked in the fridge until the next morning and I just laughed when I saw it. He was being nice but I already told him, no cheese will be in the box.  Anyways, I had to open it up when I found it and here's what I got:

 photo 6fe695151d4f3fbb60625c9d890f5ccd.jpg


I got a great insulated lunch bag. It's roomy, zips and it's great bright colors just in time for Spring. That's if Spring every really gets here I guess. The color in the picture there takes away from the true brightness but you get the gist. Now I didn't do such a great job on laying out the items there cause underneath the coupon for the free package of Sargento's new Ultra Thin Slices is another coupon for $1 off another package, WOOT! The card to the left is information on the VoxBox program and what to do next. Pretty much post and share on the media sites, go get your cheese, share some more, enjoy your cheese, share some more. It's all stuff I do already so no sweat!

 photo collage.jpg

Look at that, fun times.  My local grocery store had Sargento on sale so I used my free coupon and my $1 off one to get Provolone & Colby Jack cheese. YUM! Colby Jack is my favorite and I've more recently found a love for Provolone so I figured those were some good ones to go with. As you can see from the pictures there I then enjoyed some sandwiches and just the cheese all on it's own.  There are some tasks we are given so the pictures were for those. What you see is the cheese of course then the pictures and the top 2 pictures are my breakfast and lunch at work one day.  The 3 pictures below, from left to right, an open egg sandwich with Colby Jack, Provolone and salami in a flax pita, and then we were told to make a creative sandwich so I made the Ying & Yang sandwich with little dot Provolone open face sandwiches.

How's the cheese taste you ask??  Well it's great! Sargento's cheeses are always very good and full of flavor. You may be asking what is so special about these cheese slices since they already had cheese slices, right? Well these slices are ultra thin. That's it, that's all there is to it. These are about sliver, shaped square of cheese but you definitely aren't lacking on the flavor. The great thing is that because they are so thin you can fit regular cheese in any healthy eating plan cause each slice is 40-45 calories, depending on the flavor. This is a great cheese to have on hand and I decided to go back and get more! The cheeses were still 2 for $6 and I still had a Sargento recipe to make for my last task so I got some more Colby Jack and some Pepper Jack. 


 photo collage-1.jpg

I chose to make the Pepper Jack Tortilla Lasagna and it was so good!  It was so easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes to cook. All you need is some Chorizo Sausage, Pinto Beans, Diced Roasted Tomatoes, Corn Tortillas and of course Sargento Ultra Thin Pepper Jack cheese. I got the diced tomatoes with garlic in them cause I love garlic but otherwise I followed the simple directions and then enjoyed! If you click on the picture or the name of the recipe you'll be brought to it so you too can enjoy.


0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews