Friday, January 3, 2014

I've Stepped Back From the Edge

As I was thinking of my positive thoughts for today's Jar of Happiness deposit and listening to some music all without any chaotic interruptions, I was reminded how very grateful I am to have my house back to myself! Well, it's not exactly myself since since I have pets and a boyfriend that share the space but I consider them "home" so they things are good.  

Not quite so long ago I had a house full of people and things were rough. Especially in the winter when we experience below frigid temperatures because then everyone & all of their friends would be cooped up under my roof and I would be driven crazy!  As I was thinking about all the arguments & fights there were over the years, because those living under my roof couldn't understand that it was my roof & they couldn't just invite anyone to take up squatters rights along with them, Room to Breath by Linkin Park came up on the iPod & I thought... "I needed this song at my fingertips back then to blast on repeat!"  It's perfect. The right words, the perfect tone, just downright excellent! Here are the lyrics:

I cannot take this anymore, I'm saying everything I've said before 
All these words, they make no sense, I find bliss in ignorance 
Less I hear, the less you'll say, you'll find that out anyway 

Just like before 


Everything you say to me 

Takes me one step closer to the edge, I'm about to break 
I need a little room to breathe 
'Cause I'm one step closer to the edge, I'm about to break 

I find the answers aren't so clear, wish I could find a way to disappear 

All these thoughts, they make no sense, I find bliss in ignorance 
Nothing seems to go away over and over again 

Just like before 


Everything you say to me 

Takes me one step closer to the edge and I'm about to break 
I need a little room to breathe 
'Cause I'm one step closer to the edge, I'm about to break 

Everything you say to me 

Takes me one step closer to the edge and I'm about to break 
I need a little room to breathe 
'Cause I'm one step closer to the edge and I'm about to..... break 

Shut up when I'm talking to you 

Shut up, 
shut up, shut up 

Shut up when I'm talking to you 

Shut up, 
shut up, shut up 

Shut up 


I’m about to break 

Everything you say to me 

Takes me one step closer to the edge and I'm about to break 
I need a little room to breathe 
'Cause I'm one step closer to the edge, I'm about to break 

Everything you say to me 

Takes me one step closer to the edge and I'm about to break 
I need a little room to breathe 
'Cause I'm one step closer to the edge and I'm about to..... break

Gotta love Linkin Park! It was a little cathartic moment as I had to hit repeat a few times & sing along.... LOL. Hey, I'm in the house with just the pets & they make me listen to their barking & such in the mornings so they can listen to my singing one & a while, even if it was more shouting than singing;-)  

Yep, definitely happier with my home a little less emptier and I've stepped back from the edge so I'm no longer about to break. I can say that it is true, "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!"




4 Unleashed voices:

Debsdailylife said...

Time to Breathe Deep!!! And relax!!

Maren said...

I'm glad you feel like you're "off the ledge". I haven't heard that song before so I'm going to check it out on Spotify now!

Julie said...

Time for you. Time to relax. Time to be.
Blessings!!

humbird said...

Definitely, we need 'room to breathe' ~ Thanks for stopping by :)

Total Pageviews