Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wonderland 2

Provided by NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review

I love me some graphic novels so I had to take advantage of getting to read this one before it was out on the shelves. Just look at the cover alone! This is Wonderland 2 (Volume 2) by Raven Gregory & Illustrated by Sheldon Goh.

Now this is definitely not the Alice in Wonderland that you remember as a kid but would you really want it to be? I see a lot of people complaining that it's too adult and over the top with language, gore and scantily dressed women but you know what?? This is sold as an ADULT graphic novel so do you really want to see Alice in her little girl version of the blue & white dress and the same old story!?! The women are dressed as they are to draw in the guys that may not normally go for this storyline. The violence and language, yeah.... I'm sure they enjoy that also. Now me, I'm a female and I don't mind the women's parts hanging out because I can appreciate the excellent art in these books! It's not like you see anything more in these pages than what you see on TV, in movies, or in some cases.... walking down a street near you. Half the reason I enjoy graphic novels is for the eye candy they provide in the form of art... for the guys the eye candy may be the girls. The other half of the reason of course is the story and I enjoy it being made more adult. There are a few taboo words scattered throughout and yes it is rather gory in parts but come on, they were asking for it!

The overall story line here is Alice & her ancestors and descendants dealing with Wonderland, that is constantly coaxing them back in. Here we see Calie, daughter of Alice, and her daughter Violet on the run from getting pulled back in... once again. Will they be successful? Will Wonderland finally win? You'll just have to get yourself a copy to find out what really happens and go through the excitement on your own... frame by beautiful frame.

I thought this book was slated to come out on 5/21/13 however a couple of the Comic Stores near me had copies on the shelf and it's available on Amazon. You can click on the picture above to be brought there where you can check it out & get it on sale even! Hurry, I'm not sure how long that sale will last.

If you enjoy the Fairy Tale sort of graphic novels, as I do, then check out what else Zenescope has to offer.

0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews