Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Taste of You

Product Details

A Taste of You, by Sorcha Grace, was provided to me by NetGalley & Premier Digital Publishing in exchange for an honest review. 

I have to admit that I totally judge a book by it's cover.... at first. I mean, I'll read the blurb on what it's about if the cover doesn't appeal but if the cover grabs me then my instinct is to just get it. Sometimes that works out & sometimes it doesn't, in this case it totally worked!

I was drawn to the cover cause I love the contrast of the red amongst the black and white, or gray.  That & the hint that it's a bit on the erotic side. The title, well that along with the strawberry tells ya food is involved also so what gal doesn't want to pick this book up, right??

Now I'm going to say that the first half of this book seemed to move kind of slow. There were moments of greatness but I seemed to have a problem getting drawn in at first. I am one that juggles a few books at once however and that could have a lot to do with it cause once I buckled down and focused on this one I was in for feast.  The last half of the book certainly picked up and I had a hard time putting it down at that point.

Catherine Kelly is working her way out of the despair of being an under 30 widow. Once a well known sports photographer, she has given up that life due to the untimely death of the love of her life and the repercussions and guilty feelings of that. She's moved from Northern California to Chicago and has taken on still life photography, in the form of food. Beckett is her best friend and not only is he a chef/baker but he has the skills to make food look awesome for photographing so the 2 of them are cohorts in making food fun and sexy, digitally.  Then in walks William Lambourne who has an appetite for much more than food and the skills to tempt Catherine in to trying a little taste of passion.

William of course has a past that haunts him but unlike some of the other books where the male is more of a dominant figure, he's a little softer and not quite as demanding. The man is a multi-millionaire, billionaire even, so there are some past dating quirks that he's had but he is on a mission to show Catherine that things are different with her. The 2 of them connect through their love of art and food. I have to say that I was drawn to this story line for the same reason, who doesn't love art.... & food?? William, he knows his way around the kitchen and has some skills with food, in oh so many ways. You'll just have to pick up a copy of the book and read it for yourself but grapes, I may never look at them the same!

There are the ups and downs to the relationship of the 2 of them but in the end they want to make things work and they are willing to work with each other. The ending of this book.... I'm not even going to give a hint of what takes place all I will say is it's a major cliff hanger that just leaves you hungry for more!

I definitely loved this book. At first I thought I was going to give it a four star rating but the more I thought about it the more I thought it deserved 5! I just love how I was fed a story that built up the hunger to the point that I devoured it and was still left hungry! I had to check out Sorcha's website to see if there was a 2nd book in sight & was thankful that there is! The next one is  A Sip of You, I'm looking forward to it for sure! Grab a copy of this book give it a read and then we will wait together for the 2nd course that will hopefully quench our thirst for more!

0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews