Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Honey Pie

As I work on my mission to read more this year I came across NetGalley. What's that you ask? Well it's a group that publishers & authors provide their books to prior to them being released. If you are a member you can then sign up to be provided copies to read. Signing up is very easy but the books are provided to you, at no cost, based on some criteria that each of them may have. Some things they look for are whether you are in the field to help them get their book out there to the public; such as a librarian or you work in a book store, do you post reviews of the books you read through places like Amazon or Goodreads, or do you blog about them? Well I do post reviews on Goodreads & I've been wanting to do some blogging so I signed up & Honey Pie here was the first book I was provided with.  I have to say I was a little excited cause who doesn't like free stuff right? Especially when it's free stuff that you'd actually use, or in this case read. 

This book is published by Kensington Books & written by Donna Kauffman.  Links to Amazon provided by clicking on the picture or title above if you'd like to see info on it and the author.

This book is actually 4th in a series and I myself haven't read the other 3 but definitely will be reading them now that I've had the opportunity to read this one.  I loved every minute of it. It's a very sweet story, pun intended, that isn't too overly sexual and may even be a little too sweet for those that are more into realistic or sexual reads. It's a light & airy read with characters that are just fun and I for one would love to live in a town just like Sugarberry! I'm sure there would be days where the closeness would get on the nerves but they all look out for one another & that's not often the case now a days.

The book is about Honey "Pie" D'Amourvell.  She's become very sheltered to protect herself from being brought into other people's personal issues, to put it very simply & not say too much:-)  Her aunt passes away and Honey decides to finally take her advice & come out of her personal exile by moving to Sugarberry Island, where everyone is friendly & will accept her. Honey's aunt had similar issues to Honey but was able to deal with them and therefore never really lived a closeted life. Honey decides to sell her farm house and move to the island but once she arrives she finds that the shop she thought she inherited from her Aunt has been leased out from under her & is in the process of becoming an expansion of the local cupcake shop. Now she's stranded on the island with no where to go and a car that barely got her there that is holding most of her life's possessions. Luckily there's a auto shop right in town that she was able to get her car to & there she meets Dylan, sheltered & exiled in his own ways, who, under some resistance, becomes her savior of sorts.  Throughout you learn about the others on the island and root for Honey as she makes some decisions as to whether she should stay or go back to her life of exile, can she give up the new found 'sweet' life?? 

It's fun, there are some cute steamy moments but nothing too overly graphic. I totally say give this one a read!  Since it's not available to the public quite yet, check out books 1-3 in the meantime & sign up for pre-order of this one... works out nicely:-)

Here are books 1-3, you can click on them to get to the Amazon link & check them out (or check you local libraries, you just may find them there):



And now for a little fun find that sort of fits the theme.  If you are a lipgloss/chapstick fan and you have a fondness for sweet concoctions you should check these out...


I'm not the biggest fan of the 'Chap Stick' brand cause it's usually hard and the flavors aren't so tasty should you get them in your mouth.  What, people lick their lips... not that I purposely eat it or anything:-)  Anyways, I had to try these & I'm glad I did.  They are still harder than your average lip balms but they smell great and the taste is pretty good. I got these at Wal-mart if you want to try them be on the lookout for them in your area!

0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews