Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Liebster Award

MaryFran at Believing in Myself tagged me with the Liebster Award.  You may be asking yourself what that is, or you may not really care but "Liebster" is a German word for darling, beloved person or sweetheart but in the blogger's world it just means that your blog is followed & in some way, shape or form loved.  How fitting for being so near Valentine's Day right??  I was surprised to be given the award being since I haven't really been blogging regularly.  I used to but for some reason it's been hard finding the time or drive to do so again. I will find it though, it's a good creative outlet:-)

So here’s how the award works-
The rules:
Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you
Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to/nominate
Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees
Go to their page and tell them about the award.

No tag backs!


11 Random Facts:

1.  I was born in Amberg, Germany back in 1972.  My mom is a full blood German and like many at that time, she met my dad while he was in the Army & stationed there.  Being that America was the great place that all wanted to be, that's where my little family decided to go once I was born.
2. As a kid I didn't get to have a lot of pets so I told myself when I was an adult I would have all the pets I wanted.  At one time I had 15 pets in the house (and that's counting a tank of multiple fish as 1). Now I only have 4.

3. I don't like to give my pets names that people would use. Now a days that becomes a little more difficult with the crazy names people name their kids though! Right now I have a Himalayan Siamese cat named Tinker, a Moluccan Cockatoo named Tangelo, a Miniature Pinscher named Mogli, and a Jack Russell Terrier named Karma (yes she is female & all jokes are intended).

4.  I love to laugh, can't get enough of it! I usually find humor where a lot of people may not, which can become a little uncomfortable at times but you know what??  Life's too short to not find a little humor in all situations!

5.  I can't find a horror movie that really scares me. I think I've become jaded from watching all that I could from the time I was little.  Yes, my parents let me watch some of the goriest horror that I could find at a Video store in the 80's and I haven't become a crazed psychopath... well, at least not a murdering, crazed psychopath;-)

6.  I love art in all forms!  I admire the talent of the artists and I often say that those who can't do, view:-) There really is beauty & creativity in everything!  I also love to learn about other cultures, which I lump in with art because it may not be an art but within the different cultures there is plenty of art to be found.

7.  I'm pretty quiet in the real world, sometimes you wouldn't know it from my Internet world but I believe the Internet is the perfect spot for us introverts:-) I really am a kid at heart to just wants to sometimes go a little wild and those close to me well enough to have met that little kid within.  Along with the kid at heart comes ADD, I have a hard time concentrating on any one thing and sometimes multitask just to keep on any given task.  That makes sense right??

8.  I work a 9-5 office job and have 14 piercings & about 24 tattoos (sorta depends on how you count a couple of them). Piercings are mostly in the ears and the tattoos are where they can be covered by clothing so one wouldn't really know at first glance.

9.  I have a reading addiction! I have to be in the mood to read otherwise my mind wanders too much and I have no clue what it is I read but once I'm in that mood I love it! I think the digital/ebooks are awesome because it helps so that I can carry my entire library with me & always have books at my fingertips. Helps when I'm waiting in line, on the bus, in the elevator, even walking sometimes. You name it, I would probably try to read as I do it... OK, maybe not that!  I use the Kindle app on my iPhone, iPad and I have an actual Kindle but along with that I also use the digital lending through the library, which is so awesome cause then I don't have to pay for some books (even though I do get a ton of free books through Amazon for the Kindle too).  Soooooo many books, so little time!

10.  I once jumped off a 20 some foot cliff into the ocean, in Jamaica, and I can't swim. Yep, that's right.... living on the edge:-) It was amazing and I live to tell the tale.

11.  I did over 20 5Ks (some were more than 5K) in 2012 and while my feet & ankles may say differently, it ROCKED!! Some of the more memorable ones were Run For Your Lives (Zombie mud run), Dirty Girl Mud Run, Go Commando Mud Run, Women Rock 10K, Glo Run 5K, Color Run 5K, Get Lucky 7K, Polar Dash 5K, and the Couch Potato ZeroK... yep.... ZeroK... LOL!  You can check out a little about them, with some links to blogs about them here.


The questions MaryFran asked me:

1.  If you could change one thing in your life what would it be?


I'm not sure that I'd really change anything in my life. It's all made me who I am today.  While some of the things may have been bad or less than what you'd really like to have happen, there was something to be gained from the experience that has shaped me into the me I am... be it good, bad or indifferent. I think some of my life's experience has helped me be open minded and able to find the joy or positive in most all situations and that right there may save me year's on any heart conditions that seem to run in my family;-)

2.  What is your favorite color? 

Definitely purple!  There isn't much more to say about that:-)

3.  If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world...where would it be?  Why?

Well being that it's Winter here in Minnesota right now I'd have to say Jamaica. I've been there about 5 times or so and I just love the laid back atmosphere, the weather, the ocean, the vibe and the fun times had. I love when the locals talk because their language is just so unique, in comparison to the Midwest English I guess:-)  Also being that I've been there several times & stayed in the same place, there is a group of people there that I've made friends with so that it just feels like a home away from home.  A much warmer, tropical home away from home:-) 

4.  What is your favorite thing about your body?

My favorite thing about my body is that it's helped me get through my 40 years of life & hasn't fallen apart on me as of yet.  The ankles & feet are having some issues but I did make them work hard in 2012 so I'll take it easier on them this year since they were good to me for all those years:-)  So to sum that up, my favorite thing about my body is it's endurance.

5.  If you were shopping right now..what store/department would you be in?

It would probably be a Mall where I have lots of choices.  As mentioned I'm a little ADD & I really have a wide variety in what I enjoy so somewhere like the Mall of America has a little of everything to appease all sides of me. My favorites are usually electronic/gadget shops, art related shops, and quirky different shops... oh and toys, we must all check out toys:-)

6.  Favorite type of book to read?

I like books that can invoke some emotion in me and keep me interested.  The keeping me interested part isn't always so easy but once I usually start a book I have to finish it, it just may take me longer if I have less interest in it. Most of the reading I do does involve some romance, in varying levels of detail.  I like all forms of romance I guess but mostly contemporary and paranormal. I also enjoy graphic novels, not really superhero ones cause I enjoy those on the big screen more:-)

7.  Longest distance you have ever ridden on a bike?

I can't even remember the last time I rode a bike after high school, some 20 years ago. I ride a stationary bike at the gym and gone 13 miles. 

8.  Glasses, contacts or perfect vision?

I wear contacts when I'm out & about and usually have my glasses on at home. I have very sensitive eyes when it comes to the sun & snow glare so contacts give me the freedom to wear some nice, polarized sun glasses rather than prescription sunglasses (which never work well for me).

9.  Toenails...painted or Au natural?

In the warmer months when they are seen by others they are painted.  In the colder months they can go both ways, just depends on whether I want to take the time to paint them or not. Right now they are Au natural to give them a breather from being painted all Spring/Summer/Fall long:-)

10.  Best thing about your life?

That I'm always learning new things and finding new ways to enjoy the life I have, which has never really been bad so that's the best.  I've lived an average life that's been fortunate in many ways.

11.  What kind of car do you drive?

Occasionally my boyfriend's truck or my mom's Mazda Tribute. I had a Geo Prism that died a couple years ago now and I haven't really had the need to get another car of my own so it's my way of lessening my carbon footprint... LOL!

OK, that is the end of the questions and facts that I have to post.  I supposed to choose 11 bloggers now to pass this on to with 11 new questions that I make up for them however, I've been away from blogging too long.  I'm afraid that I really don't know who to pass it onto and those that I did think of have already done it a time or 2 so I don't want to have them do it again.  Maybe as I get back into things I'll find some bloggers to pass this onto but until then, I must thank MaryFran and the few others that still stop in to read my blog when I do post something new and a special thanks to MaryFran for this honor:-)

2 Unleashed voices:

Betty W said...

I knew we had some kind of connection and now that I know you are half German I know why. LOL
Loved reading more about you and hope you continue blogging.
P.S. Don't send me these questions. Been there, done that....haha

Debsdailylife said...

I didnt know you were born in Germany!! How cool!!! Do you ever get to go back and visit?

Total Pageviews