Friday, November 23, 2012

Music in the Heart.... of Vegas

Photobucket

I'm joining Dazee Dreamer, from Crazy Daze & Nite Dreams, & Christy, from My Mad Mind, in their I Spy picture blogging fun.... you should too!  Each week there is a theme that you provide a photo, or photos for, and it's as creative as you want it to be with that theme. There is also a bloggers' choice photo op where you just share whatever your heart, or camera lens, desires. Your photos don't have to be professional, just capture what you think fits the theme & blog about it. You don't even need a camera per say, use the one in your phone.... everyone has one of those now a days right??  You then link up with the group each week to share your view. You can click on the cute froggie pic up there to be brought to the blog. Also, check out Christy's & Dazee's blogs, they always have some fun and creative stuff.  Ok, on with the picture show.....
This week's theme is MUSIC! So here is what I have for ya....


I was going to use some pictures from several concerts that I've attended recently but I hadn't uploaded them all to facebook & my home computer doesn't want to work for me so I can't get them off of there.  I hate that dang computer! There was some Motley Crue, KISS, Jason Mraz, Kid Rock & the Cirque Du Solei show that was in honor of Michael Jackson... just to name a few. Alas, since I couldn't get into there I had to check out the facebook files for what I had available & low & behold there was my trip to Las Vegas! So there you see the big guitar on the Hard Rock Cafe!  I wish I was there now, it's probably much warmer than it is here in Minnesota!


We of course checked out the wax  museum so here is the Prince of.... well, it's Prince:-)  I gotta say that as freaky as he is, I do love his music. More so from the older days however his last concert here in Minnesota was the AWESOME!



Now those are 2 musical talents you wouldn't think you'd see together right?? Snoop Dogg & Elton John. I have to say that Elton actually almost looks real there don't you think?  I always thought these replicas were supposed to look real and not so waxy but I actually found that most of them looked more on the fake side than the real. Oh well, it was an experience to visit. 

The highlight of this trip was being able to see the Jabberwockeez! I love to watch people dance, especially when they are spectacular at their style, as are these dudes!  Unfortunately no pictures were allowed but trust me they were awesome and if you ever get the chance to see them & enjoy dancing then you definitely should!  Since I don't have any pictures of them I'll share this one instead:


This was the free, live entertainment that we hung out to listen to during the afternoons on some days.  You know, to take a little rest from all the walking we were doing & to enjoy our slurpees from the 7-11 that happened to be right around the corner from where they played:-) I miss slurpees so much so I was excited that Vegas still has 7-11's and I could partake in a few of those yummy frozen treats! The name of the band escapes me now but they were great. There was another guy but I guess I didn't capture him in this photo. They sang a lot of stuff from all genres so it was very entertaining.

Ok, last but not least the blogger's choice:


Something you may not know about me.... I LOVE THE SMURFS!  If I could have pants like those I totally would rock those!! I walked behind this couple & just had to snap a photo, love the iPhone!!  This too was in Vegas and I wanted to ask the dude all sorts of questions but I'm shy so no go.... LOL! 

It was a fun trip, lots of walking was done and we saw lots of stuff. We even got in to see Terry Fator, ventriloquist extraordinaire. He was pretty great. We saw Carrot Top also where they panned the crowd so they could use footage for the Toby Keith song, Red Solo Cup.  So fun! Well, that's all I have for you this week. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, survived Black Friday and are now preparing or finishing up your preparing for the Christmas holiday.... well, those of you that celebrate all or any of that at least:-)  Tune in next week when the theme is FAMILY EVENT!  Oh & don't forget to click on the frog up there to check out the other musical entries!

 


2 Unleashed voices:

Dazee Dreamer said...

What the? You haven't been hanging out with me long enough girl. You totally should have gone right up to the smurf dude. Had someone take your picture with him. Aaaahhhh, so much training to help you with.

Loved all your photo's.

Mad Mind said...

I love that guitar! Nice set this week. And I'm with Dazee. You should have asked to take a photo with. That would be cool.

Total Pageviews