Thursday, October 4, 2012

You Won't Find This in the Dictionary

Photobucket

I'm joining Dazee Dreamer, from Crazy Daze & Nite Dreams, & Christy, from My Mad Mind, in their I Spy picture blogging fun.... you should too!  Each week there is a theme that you provide a photo, or photos for, and it's as creative as you want it to be with that theme. There is also a bloggers' choice photo op where you just share whatever your heart, or camera lens, desires. Your photos don't have to be professional, just capture what you think fits the theme & blog about it. You don't even need a camera per say, use the one in your phone.... everyone has one of those now a days right??  You then link up with the group each week to share your view. You can click on the cute froggie pic up there to be brought to the blog. Also, check out Christy's & Dazee's blogs, they always have some fun and creative stuff.  Ok, on with the picture show.....

This week's theme is LOOK UP! So here is what I have for ya....


I thought I'd be all creative with using 'look up' as in looking up stuff in the dictionary or Google. You know, be clever:-) I found that the pictures weren't quite as fun and if using Google then are they really even my pictures... even if I do snap a photo of the computer screen?  I didn't like that so I snapped a photo of a photo instead & went another direction... you won't find this in dictionaries peeps! 

While I appreciate the art in that photo there above, it's not exactly what I want to be looking at as I'm sitting in the bathroom doing my business! Or should I say, I don't really want her looking down at me as I am?? I'm not sure, either way it was a little uncomfortable so after getting done and washing my hands I had to go back in the stall to snap the photo. Then I calmly removed it & swapped it with another one that was a little less intimidating to look at while in the stall... I wonder if they minded??  It was in the bathroom at a local Italian eatery, they probably just switched it back... I'll have to check it out if I ever make it back there. 



I figured it can't really be a theme of look up without sharing some sky related photos right?? So here I have an awesome shot of the sky after a rainstorm. Rarely do I capture sunsets, sunrises, or any sky shot with this kind of color so I love it! It's not doctored up at all, that is exactly what my iPhone captured that day as we were driving. Pretty huh?  The 2nd photo is a picture of some helium balloons I released into the air. It was symbolizing pounds that I was finally letting go of, as in weight loss:-) There were 25 of them, I figured that was a good number to celebrate but I was by myself so I had a hard time getting them released & taking photos all on my own.  They went up much quicker than I thought they would & then started spreading out so there are only 11 in that view there. It was a fun way to celebrate:-) Up, up and away....



For my blogger's choice I'm sticking with the look up theme, as I usually do:-) Photo 1 is the view that I see as I look up from the steering wheel of the car while entering into the belly of the beast!  LOL... that's what it reminds me of anyway. I mean look, it's a face where you see the eyes & nose then the big bridge opening, which is the mouth to the belly.  Once you make it through you are in West St. Paul. Not that it's a bad neighborhood or anything but I just like to say it's the belly of the beast cause of this bridge:-)  It was done by the local Girl Scouts so I'm sure it's a sun and all innocent & stuff but whatever... belly of the beast I tell ya!  LOL.  The 2nd photo there is a light fixture that hangs in the Minneapolis Museum of Art. I adore it! I actually went up to the top floor to try to get this close up photo so I guess I wasn't looking up at the time but I do look up at it in person whenever I get the chance:-)

Ok, that's that for this week folks.  That is, unless you click on the froggie up above and check out the other entries.  That's right, the fun doesn't have to stop here. It doesn't have to stop there either, post one of your own... come on... it's fun!!  Next week's theme is CHANGE.


4 Unleashed voices:

Betty WSch. said...

Love reading about where and how you live. Great idea letting those symbolic balloons fly. I should do that. Maybe that will inspire me to lose more..
Love that sky photo too and the pink clouds.
Hope you are doing well. I miss playing WwF with you!

Mad Mind said...

Great shots this week. The colors in the sunset are cool. And that light fixture is awesome!

LL Cool Joe said...

That light fitting is very cool, I love it.

You know the only thing I remember about my visit to Minnesota, apart from the fact is was friggin freezing in February was the wonderful Mall of America. Wow what a place!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love that tunnel photo. Hell, I loved all of your photo's. I have to say, I love how you changed the photo in the restroom. we need to hang out

Total Pageviews