Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mmmmm Beeeeerrrrr!


Today was the Mill City Suds Run, or the Beer Run as it may also be affectionately called. This was a 5K that began and ended as the Father Hennepin Park in Minneapolis. We had a very beautiful day for it too! The hot, humid weather had been gone for the last 2 days so today it was sunny and perfect weather for a nice walk in the park.

I am still trying to deal with my ankle and foot from the 5 & 10K's that I did last week so I couldn't complete the full 5K today. I took the little shortcut, figuring that it was a fun run so why not take it easy on this one?? So at the end of mile 2 was the first beer stop and I hung out there with my friend's hubby drinking my beer as I waited for my friend who didn't take the short cut. Then we finished out the last mile all together. I think I made up the mile by walking to & from my car at least so that's good. My fitbit says I was over 3 miles by the time I got home so I may not have done the full 5K but I did a 5K in the end... LOL!

Now as I mentioned, this was a fun run. It wasn't timed and you could dress up or bring dogs or kids. We got the great shirt you see up above there. That's actually the back of it and on the front it just says O'Donovan's Irish Pub Suds Run. It's my favorite shirt to date I think for all the K's I've participated it cause I love the beer mug in the shape of Minnesota. Then we got the beer glass also. The funny thing is that I don't even like beer... LOL! I'm working on it sort of though, a girl has to have goals:-)  Anyways, I thought I'd share a few of the costume photos I took as we waited in line for our last beer and our brat.  So here are 2 of my favs:


The first is a group of ostrich jockeys. I thought that was great, loved the costume. The 2nd there are trolls and I really only coveted their wigs.... I really want one! I love trolls!!

Ok, this next picture... I'm not sure what he was supposed to be but I think he forgot to put his pants on! 



He does appear to have underwear on under those yellow bloomers though so I guess those are his pants? LOL.... I just laughed about as hard as that little girl you see to the left there so I had to snap a photo!

All in all it was good times and now I need to rest up so I can head out for bowling night, the league is starting up tonight so every other Saturday is now bowling night, WOOT! I leave you with a lovely view of the river that I snapped during my 5K today:



4 Unleashed voices:

deanna said...

Looks like a fun day. I love these cooler MN temps. Perfect! If only it would not get "cold".... :)

Enz said...

What a great day!

Julie said...

I showed this to Jim, he's the beer man and boy he liked that.
I hope your leg/foot heals and doesn't keep giving you troubles.
Take care and God Bless!!

Gilligan Maryanne said...

thanks for the support, love your post ;)

Total Pageviews