Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It's Been a Long Time.... Chooo-chooooo

What's that they say about best laid plans? Ok, you can't really call them plans if they are just ideas in your head and they never really go much further than that right?? 

So when last I blogged I was about to go on vacation. Ok, the last blog was really a poem I wrote for a friend who had a dog pass away... I miss the poetry writing and should get back into that!  The blog before that was in regards to me going on vacation and taking some me time and such. Well that's been done. While on vacation I wanted to continue to blog, get some things caught up in my blog and make some plans of moving forward in the weight loss efforts but none of that was done... I pretty much just had some fun and relaxed. Sometimes you need that but it's not like it would have been difficult to at least make some strides in planning out my attack on weight loss as I relaxed right?? 

It's the first week of being back to work, which I call going back to real life where it's more structured and there is less time for the fun. Fun is what you make it and where you find it but there is only so much that you can have while working you know? Anyways, I'm back to work and it's time to get more serious on the weight loss planning before things just get too far out of control! At this point I am still walking, going to the gym and trying to watch what I eat (and still feeling guilty when I'm eating badly) so there's still hope for getting back to the healthier ways since it's really only the eating that I need to get back on track.

I haven't stepped on the scale for quite some time and to be honest, things weren't really being controlled while I was on vacation so I'm a little nervous to get on the scale. The only good thing is my pants don't feel any tighter so that may be a sign that I wasn't too bad. I'm giving myself the week to get back on track with eating better and I'll probably weigh in this weekend or Monday morning for a fresh start on getting back to losing weight.

On vacation I did all sorts of fun stuff that I'll need to blog about, one of the fun things being the Dirty Girl Mud Run! I've now completed 3 mud runs this year & while I didn't really run... I did accomplish completing them and for me that is a gold star achievement:-)  No more mud runs for this year but I do still have several 5Ks (and a 10K) to complete and I'm going to do more personal 5Ks on my own just to try to make sure I reach that 650 mile goal I set for myself this year, along with Julie, over at Healthy, Wealthy and Wise,... who has already exceeded it.  I must say ~~ KUDOS to her!! 

So that's where things are at, I've been MIA but now I'm back and while I may not blog daily I will be working on things daily and hopefully the track I get built will be solid enough to keep me from getting derailed again.... CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHOO CHOOOOOOOO:-)

1 Unleashed voices:

Julie said...

Yeah, I'm glad your back and thank you for the shout out. I am going to change my goal for the year to 1000 miles. Part of the challenge this week is to make a goal and since I did the 650 I'm going to raise it to 1000. With school starting and whatnot I'm not to sure how it'll all work out since I don't have gym membership anymore and we know what happens the end of October but hey, I'm going to try.
I can't wait to hear what's happen in your life. I'm so glad you had a great vacation and you time. I am really in the need of that but know that with daycare ending I'll have lots of that even if I don't want too.
Blessings my friend!!

Total Pageviews