Thursday, August 30, 2012

Heat in Your Eye

Photobucket

I'm joining Dazee Dreamer, from Crazy Daze & Nite Dreams, & Christy, from My Mad Mind, in their I Spy picture blogging fun.... you should too!  Each week there is a theme that you provide a photo, or photos for, and it's as creative as you want it to be with that theme. There is also a bloggers' choice photo op where you just share whatever your heart, or camera lens, desires. Your photos don't have to be professional, just capture what you think fits the theme & blog about it. You don't even need a camera per say, use the one in your phone.... everyone has one of those now a days right??  You then link up with the group each week to share your view. You can click on the cute froggie pic up there to be brought to the blog. Also, check out Christy's & Dazee's blogs, they always have some fun and creative stuff.  Ok, on with the picture show.....

This week's theme is HEAT! So here is what I have for ya....


Being I live in the good old Midwest, Minnesota to be exact, you don't really think we like heat in our food here right? I mean we're the land of the hotdish for gosh darn's sake! Yeah, well some of us need more heat in our hotdish than that used to cook it.... if you know what I mean:-) Enter in hot sauces, to bring on the HEAT!! What you see in picture one was taken last night at the Minnesota State Fair (which had a whole other heat of it's own going on weather wise I must add:-).  Anyways that's the Caribbean Heat booth that's located in the International Square Bazaar there at the fair. I love that place, the Bazaar that is. I've never really purchased anything from Caribbean Heat but they have tons of heat filled choices for those who like all levels of heat. I myself am usually too hot at the fair to be thinking about adding more heat to my food. For those of us that need a little 'cooler' shopping experience for our heat I offer you picture number 2... Pepper Palace! That one is located in the lovely Mall of America. They are available year round and can fulfill all your heating seeking needs I'm sure:-) I love the pepper in the sign... he's looking quite sassy... or would that be saucy?? 

Ok, my fun bloggers' choice pics were also taken at the Minnesota State Fair last night. You see, it was my 2nd visit so far and last night it was to see Kiss & Motley Crue in concert! Motley Crue went first and I didn't get any immediate gratification photos of them (a.k.a. taken with the iPhone so I can easily upload) but I did get some on the camera so eventually I'll share some of those. In the meantime I did get one of Kiss that turned out well enough at the finale....


I like the lighting in the pic but if I zoomed any closer, so you could see Kiss better, then everything was too blurry or bright from all the lighting. It's kind of a cool picture and it sort of fits the heat theme cause trust me, they were all very sweaty & heated up during their performance! I did get some better pictures of them also on the camera so again... I may share some of those at a later date.  After the show there were fireworks of course cause every night at the fair is ended with fireworks dontchaknow! So I leave you with a shot of the firework finale....


Hope you didn't get too much heat in your eyes... you need them to check out the other bloggers' posts... go on, get to it! Next week's theme is buttons so tune in to see what there is to see then:-) 

4 Unleashed voices:

Dazee Dreamer said...

I would love to see both of those places where you can buy hot stuff. (wait, that didn't sound right). And your choice photo's. AWESOME. Great shots, and what a fun concert.

deanna said...

I live here in MN too. From the East coast originally. People laughed at us when we said we put garlic in our homemade can pickles saying "oh you like them hot"... We laughed back and said "yes, and we put jalapeno's in them too."

Julie said...

For Mike ketchup is almost to spicey. For my hubby nothing is to spicey. Me ... I lean towards the wussy side too however a good homemade salsa that bites me back...YUM!!!
Glad you are enjoying our statefair. I am thinking it's something we'll have to go to next year. It's been, oh at least 16 years since we've been there.
Take care and love your photo's. Blessings!!

Mad Mind said...

I love the Pepper Place! If I lived a little closer (2.5 hrs away), I would probably make special trips there.

And I am so so jealous that you saw both of them in concert at the same time. Really! I'm jealous!

Total Pageviews