Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mondays Get a Bad Wrap

We've all done it right, complained about it being Monday?? I know I have but then I always think that it could be any day of the week really, just depends on how your work week falls. I work the standard M-F with Sat & Sun off and then it's back to it again when Monday comes around. I'm assuming if someone works everyday though Monday is just another day for them or maybe they work T-Th & have Sat, Sun and Mon off... then for them Tuesday is their Monday and not so fun day! 

Yeah, I know it's weird things that I think about & blog about sometimes but this week it hits me more than usual because even though today is Thursday it feels like a Monday. How is that you ask? Well, it's because I had Wednesday off due to it being the 4th of July. Yes it's an extra day off and for those I am always grateful but it just throws things off. All day yesterday I felt like it was a Sunday. You know, it's a holiday and a lot of stores like to run on Sunday hours for holidays so it just kind of starts to feel like Sunday. That coupled with the fact that I then have to go back to work for the rest of the week just made it feel more like a Sunday with Thursday becoming Monday & Friday then Tuesday.  I guess that then makes it a 2 day work week huh?? Then Saturday and Sunday, well they become what they are and soon enough Monday is back again with a vengeance because it will seem even sooner than usual now since W-F were lost in this new make shift work week of mine.

Do you follow all of that? Anyways, this day... this Thursday that feels like a Monday is dragging on and on so that is what I think about to try to get the time to pass a little quicker. It doesn't really work mind you but it amuses me for a few minutes in my day so that's always a plus:-)

Yeah, I think Mondays just end up getting a bad wrap by default. They are the first day of the week for many and therefore dreaded by many. It would be so much nicer if our 'weekends' would be equivalent to the 'week days' wouldn't it? I know there are only 7 days in the week but I'd be willing to work 4 days in a row with 3 days off and not complain about my 'Monday' (whichever day it may fall on) so much then. Sure the weekend would still go by quicker, those fun days always do, but it would seem a little more fair cause most of us Americans spend more time at work then we do at home and that's just not right. It is the way we do things though and I am grateful that I have a job to go to so for that I will never complain! 

Mondays however, as bad of a wrap as it may be... and trust me it could be worse if I were to make it a 'rap' rather than a 'wrap'.... LOL, I'm still going to dislike it when it's time to revisit them are restart my week. Not because I'm not grateful for it all but just because it always seems to get here so quickly.

3 Unleashed voices:

Debsdailylife said...

I TOTALLY get what youre saying!! I dont like mondays!! OR any day that follows a holiday!! We get triple the phone calls on the first day back after being closed. I AM VERY greatful for my job!! Just feels overwhelming at times!!

Julie said...

I even get to work from home but Mondays are not always fun.
I hear you my friend.
Have a blessed evening!

Jess said...

I totally agree, it sucks that people spend more time at work then at home with their family!

Total Pageviews