Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Need Some Me Time!

Ok, granted I've been doing some fun stuff lately but that's on the weekends and when Mondays roll around I'm back to work and the mundane everyday stuff. I need a break from it all and it's really hard to get that when home is part of what I need a break from. Not sure why really but sometimes you just need to leave your safe zones for longer than a day's worth of events. Alas, money is an issue when it comes to that. Luckily I have 3 more work days and then I'll be on vacation for a week. I'll be home but I'm trying to plan some fun, more affordable, things to do so I can unwind and get the me time I feel I need to get out of this weekday funk. I figure some weekdays that are out of the normal routine may be what is in need to do that you know??

So this weekend I'm going to Canterbury Downs here in Shakopee, Mn for their Extreme race day. Instead of horse races it's ostriches and camels! How cool is that?? I am drawn to those animals so I'll be snapping some photos... hopefully I'm close enough to get some good ones:-) After that we will be going to a Burlesque show on the Minnesota Centennial Show Boat, on the Mississippi River. That should be interestingly fun:-) On Sunday there is a free Shakespeare play in the park that I may go check out.  Hopefully it'll be a weekend of good fun to help me make it through the 3 work days before I'm officially on my birthday vacation!  HOOTIE-HOO!!  Oh, there is also the new Batman movie... that's probably gonna be tonight, so excited for the Batman movie... I'm a little bit of a geek:-)

So that's the plan. The eating, yeah that's not been going so well cause of my funk. I don't eat right but I'm not really overeating. I did well week 1 and most of week 2 but then it went downhill and kept on going. I do try to get to the gym but not so much walking cause the ankle is a little flared up from the Color Run walking and the heat and humidity (I get some awful swelling). My deal to myself is to take the rest of July to get my act together and some planning so that once my vacation is over so is my erratic eating! That's 8/7, until then I'll be eating sensibly and going to the gym but making plans to be more health conscious for the rest of the year so that I can get back to losing weight... AS I SHOULD BE!! 

So the next couple weeks my motto is MAINTAIN, DON'T REGAIN, AND RETRAIN THE BRAIN TO PREPARE TO SUSTAIN BY EATING MORE HUMANE AND MUCH LESS INSANE!!

1 Unleashed voices:

Debsdailylife said...

Happy birthday!!!!
OSTRICH? races. How cool!!!
Enjoy your vacation!! Spoil yourself!!

Total Pageviews