Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Went on a Trip and all I Got was a Resprain!

Yeah, there are many reasons why my name isn't Grace. One of them of course is my body's attraction to the ground... OK, I fall... not a lot per say but enough. I lack stability in many ways I guess, mentally and physically;-) Anyways, I have been having issues with my calves and ankles for a few months now and in the summer the ankles and feet swell because I sit most of the day at work and the heat or humidity seems to affect them even when I'm in the air conditioned building. When I did the Go Commando 5K I sprained my right one and at the time I thought it was ok but that was just the adreniline tricking me because once that wore off, after the 5K, I was feeling it. So I've been trying to take it easy since then and haven't done any 5Ks or too much walking since to try to get it to mend before this Saturday's 5K. Well, I was leaving last night to have dinner with some friends and I guess my body was missing the ground cause it tried to revisit it! Luckily I caught myself but because the driveway is at an angle the ankle twisted again to compensate for me trying to regain balance and the results were a moment of sheer pain and then another few of limping and cussing my way to the car! Once in the car I had to come to grips with the fact that this means I better bow out of the 5K cause it's probably not good to push my ankle that far now that I've reinjured it. Then my mind chipped in to help me feel better by saying "Hey, think of it as you went on a trip!" Yeah, I giggled... my mind knows me well and laughter is the best medicine you know cause I did feel better. Unfortunately not enough to feel I can do the 5K but enough to not feel too bad about it cause the first Sat in Aug I have another 5K obstacle course that I need to do & by then my ankle needs to be tip top cause it will be a bear of a course I'm sure, it's the Dirty Girl 5K!

So all in all... well the trip wasn't fun so I guess I can't really say that but dinner on the other hand was pretty great so that trip was well worth it. We went to a little hole in the wall type place that served Latin food and I had plantains in my dish, they were awesome! I don't eat them much cause I don't really have good cooking skills so when I've tried to make them they didn't turn out so tasty but I will definitely go back to Catilina's to have them again in the not so distant future:-) A lot of times the little holes in the walls are the best so don't be afraid to check them out!

3 Unleashed voices:

Betty WSch. said...

I agree that the "little holes" are sometimes the best. Sorry about your foot and hope it will heal soon. You are right to rest and not over exert it.

Julie said...

I am so sorry you are hurting. I am just healing from rock climbing and I know how it all hurts.
Just take care of yourself.
Take care and God Bless!!

Maren said...

Ugh, I hope you heal fast. Injuries really suck!

Total Pageviews