Friday, June 29, 2012

Dear Friday

Dear old Friday we meet again
and how I hate to rush you friend
but here I sit with paper and pen
planning how my weekend I’ll spend.

The sun is out and the weather is great,
there are parks to visit and pics to take.
I certainly won’t be working late,
I keep thinking of illnesses I could fake.

The work week is long and full of stress
but I’ll stick it out to the very end
cause there is one thing that I must confess,
my job I like but my nerves need to mend.

A few more hours, it won’t be long,
and the thrill inside will start to quake.
The voices within will chime in with song
and off to the weekend we’ll shimmy and shake!

2 Unleashed voices:

Debsdailylife said...

I love your poetry!!!

Julie said...

Good morning. Yes this is a great weekend. I must first work today in my parents basement, post flooding, but then it's time to go and do something. Maybe geo-caching. It's my way to get out and enjoy our parks and rec areas up here.
You have an awesome weekend. Take care, be safe and God Bless!!

Total Pageviews