Sunday, March 4, 2012

Never Too Late



Never too late, yep that's what I said.  Today is March 4th and I walked 4 miles around Phalen lake here in Minnesota to fulfill the above 2 virtual 5Ks.  It was a beautiful sunny day and a brisk and balmy 22 degrees.  Perfect walking weather for sure!  I finished this walk in 1 hour and 17 minutes.  It probably would have been quicker if I didn't stop often to snap pictures:-) Here's my route, as best as I could figure out how to get it in here that is.  If you click on it then you'll be taken to the full size one at Mapmyrun.com 


It was a great walk cause I got to see parts of the lake I didn't know existed and they've been fixing it up so I'm excited to see what it's gonna look like come Spring and Summer.  Here are a few highlights:





There's the sign showing where I was and the one showing what their plans are for the lake.  It's not in the best looking part of town so it could end being a nice little oasis:-)









There are a few shots.  It's a big lake so I couldn't really get pictures to show that but the 2nd and 5th shots are part of it and that's actually called Phalen Creek.  The 3rd is a view of part of the lake but just doesn't do it justice.  The others I took just look like an expanse of white and you can't really tell what it is so I won't share those.  The 4th picture is part of the area that I'm assuming will be lush and green come Spring, I took the picture now so I can compare it then:-)  That first one, well I just liked the tree!  As you can see there is quite a bit of flowing water still but the lake itself is frozen, people were on it at the end.  As I finished up my walk the fishermen were coming out.  

So there you have it, my 4 mile walk so it's a little more than a 5K but less than a 10K.  I finished in 1 hour and 17 minutes, burned 513 calories, and walked 8803 steps.  All in all it was a very rewarding morning indeed!



3 Unleashed voices:

Jamie said...

Great job! Beautiful location for a walk.

Thank you for participating!

Debsdailylife said...

Great job!! I wish I had your desire to go outside!!! Im such a whimp when it comes to cold weather!!

Maren said...

Love your hike there! It is the best feeling in the world to get out like that and get moving! Fantastic! Great pictures too :)

Total Pageviews