Thursday, March 29, 2012

10K... It's 2 5Ks, DUH!


Alrighty, I did it.  I walked 10K.  Now I've done it before but not straight through, there was a break in between.  I wasn't sure how long it was going to take but I'm always shooting for under an hour.  I realized though that if I did the math here, 10K is 2 5Ks... DUH!  So if I do a 5K in 45 minutes to an hour then a 10K would be double that.... HELLO!  Yeah, I'm not exactly math friendly if you know what I mean:-)  

The weather was nice so I decided to go around Phalen lake, which is nearest to my house.  My mom wanted to come along so I welcomed her.  The talking seems to make it go faster but the walking is sometimes slower.  Although now that I've done the math maybe not so much, she's got back issues but she keeps pace pretty well:-)

I had a heart monitor malfunction... it just didn't want to work.  I hate that because I look to it for my calorie burn info and without it I just have to use the number that the pedometer or mapmyrun comes up with, which usually isn't as accurate (it's higher even).  It's ok though, the main thing is that I did it cause I haven't really been keeping up the walking lately & I'm supposed to be working on the running!!

Ok so I walked it in 2 hours and 20 minutes, there was 17008 steps, and I'm told I burned 1009 calories.  I'm not so sure I agree with the calorie part as I've already pointed out.  Gotta make sure the heart monitor is working for the next one.  The miles was 6.78 so a little over 10K but 10K was done did for sure:-)  Yay me!  

So I gotta get back to the walking daily and the running practice for sure otherwise how will I expect to be running any of these 5Ks, or more, over the year here??  The next non-virtual one is 4/8 but there are 2 virtual ones prior to it so if I don't want to wimp out I will do 3 separate walks, 1 for each, rather than combining the non-virtual with the virtual as I've done in the past.... there's the challenge to me should I choose to accept it:-)


2 Unleashed voices:

Debsdailylife said...

HOT DOG!!! I knew you could do it!!!!!! Congrats!!! Keep pushing!! Youre doing awesome!!!!
Proud of you!!!

Betty WSch. said...

Wow!! That is awesome. You rock girl. I'm totally admiring you!

Total Pageviews