Thursday, February 2, 2012

Korean Tacos!

Jenny Matlock

On the menu today is the letter K and for that I have Shredded Korean Beef Tacos, YUM!  Now I do love me some Mexican food so what's better than tacos right??  Well these were a nice change to mix up the usual taco a bit.  This recipe comes to us from Debbie Does Dinner Healthy and Low Calorie check out her blog cause she has all sorts of great recipes that are just tempting you to try them!

This recipe is simple, mainly cause you just put everything in the crock pot and let it cook all day... who doesn't love that?!?!  Well, it's a 3-4 pound beef roast, a jalapeno (or more if you want it spicier), some soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and brown sugar and then about 8 hours later.... viola!


This produced some very tender and tasty beef for sure! It could be eaten on a sandwich or with potatoes or whatever really.  It was even good cold when I took it out of the fridge for some leftovers the next day!  No I didn't eat it cold but as I waited for it to warm up I did snatch a cold piece to give it a try & YUM!

Ok, so there is also an slaw that you make along with this and that's actually what you put on your taco shell with the meat.  The recipe says to just get a bag of coleslaw and to add soy & sesame seed oil to that but I happened to have 1/2 a head of cabbage in the fridge from the soup I made last week so I put that in the processor and shredded it.  So I added in some leftover crispy baked Kale from last week and some broccoli & cauliflower and had this great meal:

The Kale still doesn't look so nice but trust me it's good:-)  I had to add some Sriracha to my taco there to spice it up a bit more.  I love spicy but my boyfriend isn't quite so fond of it so I stuck to one jalapeno and used the sauce to make mine hotter:-)

I do encourage you to check out Debbie's blog if you're looking for some good cooking ideas.  She posts new stuff every week and it always sounds great and seems easy to make.... I have to preuse it more often myself to check out her older stuff!
 

10 Unleashed voices:

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

That does sound good. I'll have to go check out her blog. Thanks.

anitamombanita said...

I just did another crock pot taco recipe...man was it good! So I'll have to try this one too. I've seen her blog before...there are definitely some interesting dishes to be tried!

beckyp said...

that does sound good I really need to learn to cook

Andy said...

Hello.
I love beef, but my wife doesn't eat it, so we rarely have any beef dishes.
This sounds delicious...am doing some virtual tasting...yum, yum!
Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

That looks amazing!

Julie said...

That really sounds good. I have a roast in the freezer to do something with next week, hummmm, just might have to give it a try.
Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a blessed week/end.

Splendid Little Stars said...

a very interesting variation on tacos!

City Share said...

Fusion food is always fun. It has such a great mix of flavors. Like the idea of the Korean Tacos. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jenny said...

Crockpot, you say?

I am all over this recipe! Having no kitchen has inspired me to heights never before achieved in a crockpot and microwave!

I think this is definitely for dinner later this week.

The slaw sounds fabulous, too.

Thanks for sharing another kool recipe!

A+

Miss April said...

That does look delicious. My honey has been whippin' up some Asian inspired dishes lately and it's just amazing. I only eat red meat maybe once a month, maybe I'll throw it in the crock pot next week sometime. I love putting slaw or fresh salad with crunch on tacos instead of plain shredded lettuce and tomato - it's so much better with some jazz! At my favorite little hole in the wall taco joint, they serve these carrot sticks that are soaked in this cayenne and vinegar brine, I put them right on my chipped beef taco and life is good!

Total Pageviews