Monday, January 2, 2012

2 in 1

The first 5K for 2012 has been completed!  It was a balmy 20 some degrees here in Minnesota and there were several hundreds of us natives out there enjoying it with a run.... or walk:-) 
I completed the Polar Dash today

Yay me!  It went well, I even sped up so that I wasn't the last to finish amongst the 5kers!  There were some that were running/walking 10K and/or a 1/2 marathon so I of course finished before them... at least;-)
I'm also using this 5K to fulfill the virtual New Year's 5K


I feel like it's cheating a little using a walk I was already doing but it works until I get more in shape for these walks:-)
I walked this 5K.  I hope to run in the future once I get some training in but for now I'm walking and that's miles in towards my 650 mile goal along with exercise for calories to be burned so SCORE! I finished this walk in under an hour and wasn't last so I made my goal there also.
I finished in 54 minutes, burned about 525 calories, walked 5K of course and my pedometer said that was 3.6 miles... there was a little extra walking to & from the car & such:-)  That also ended up in 8658 steps, give or take again for the little extra walking.  I end with this final picture of my Polar Dash number and finisher's award....


Now it's time to hit Brad Gansberg's running program so that I can be ready to run some of them that I have planned for the year!

13 Unleashed voices:

Maren said...

Good job on finishing that race!!

Angela Pea said...

Brrrr!! 20 degrees? Great job!

Erin said...

Awesome job!!

Fatoutofskinny said...

Great job. Don't know if I would have been able to do that in 20 degree weather! Love the medal.

Monicalatour said...

Congrats on Finishing!! What a Great Accomplishment :)

Becca said...

SO proud of you!! When it's anywhere below 30 (which it often is in Oregon) I am sure as heck not going out walking, I am laying in bed with lots of blankets!! Way to go!

Jenny said...

Happy New Year, running girl!

Pucker up and stop by if you get a chance, okay?

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2012/01/winners-winners-lemon-dinners.html

Debby said...

WAY TO GO!! SO very proud of you!!! ITs gonna be a great year!!!
We were right. We are Challenge buddies. Let me know what youre thinking... (about Mirs keep in touch suggestions)

MaryFran said...

YAY!!!!! Contrats!!!!

Julie said...

YEAH!!!! Awesome and 20* wasn't bad since there wasn't any wind, I'm not to impressed with the wind.
You did great my friend, I am so proud of you.
I'm going to keep working on bettering my 5K time and see what I can do for the Virtual race. Today it was 37:42. We'll just see.
Take care and have a blessed and awesome day!!

Kiley said...

I linked your race finish for you. No worries!

Miss April said...

Eeek!!! I am so happy for you! That is amazing.

Eaba said...

I'm so impress! I am going to start looking for a 5k in my area that i can walk.

Total Pageviews