Here are the rules:
1. post these rules.
2. you must post 11 random things yourself.
3. answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
11 Random Things About Me:
1) I like to write poetry. This blog was actually started for that reason so all of the stuff before June of 2011 is related to that. I try to still add that in now a days but the end of the year is hectic so once the New Year starts I have to gear up to that creativity again. Keep a look out if your interested, or take a look at past stuff:-)
2) One of my only favorite things about Winter is that the pummelos are in season! I love these citrus fruits:-) They are fun to eat and delish! I've talked about them in the past and people have often asked what they are so here is a picture that Wal-Mart posted on Facebook recently:
Look, don't you just want one?? They taste like a mix between a grapefruit and an orange. If you wait until they are ripe enough, the softer they are the better it seems to be to me, then they have the right amount of sweetness to offset the bitterness and they are yummalicious!
3) I have 24 tattoos and I date a tattoo artist. I've been dating him for about 2 & 1/2 years and he's done 5 of my tats so he by no means influenced me and it was just a coincidence that it's his job. We actually knew each other in high school reconnected:-) I'm the type of person though that you'd never guess I had them unless you got to know me.... or I wore flip flops &/or capris or short:-)
4) I also have 12 piercings. 9 are in my ears so those people see. The others you only know if I tell you they are there or open my mouth enough... which again doesn't happen until you really know me... which brings me to...
5) I'm very shy and introverted in person. Once I get to know someone and feel comfortable that all changes, depending on how comfy I feel, but until then I'm quiet and observing. You learn quite a bit about people when you're that way:-)
6) I've been the overweight one all my life and it's held me back somewhat in life. Well I should say I've allowed it to cause obviously not all overweight people have the issues like I do. Ok, the real reason though that I point that out is because I did gain something good from it. Several things actually. I have a great sense of humor, it's pretty difficult to truly offend me, I'm a great observer so I learn a lot about people from how they act and talk... usually I'm pretty spot on, I don't judge a book by their cover, and I'm very empathetic.... well that part isn't always good but most of the times it is:-) So basically things like blogging and Facebook are right up my alley.... LOL!
7) I don't know how to swim but once while I was on vacation in Jamaica I jumped into the ocean from a 25, or so, foot cliff! It was AWESOME!! I shot right back to the surface like a bobber drug down by a shark and released... LOL! I had a t-shirt & shorts on and the impact of me hitting the water actually force my shirt up so that it came off! When I surfaced the Jamaican guide was there to had my my shirt & a life jacket... quick like! LOL!!
8) I have set a goal for myself to be able to run a 5K before the end of 2012. The goal is to actually run during one but the more and more I say that the more & more I want to be able to run it all, or the majority of it!
9) I've signed up for over 10 5Ks, & 1 7K, so far and I'm contemplating 2 5K obstacle course type runs. The first 5K was on the 1st:-) I'm walking them now but soon I'll be able to add some running I just know it:-)
10) I'm very open minded and always try to see both sides of any story. I may not in the beginning, see both sides that is, but usually once I calm down I rationalize things and see both sides. Which often leads me to feeling guilty a lot cause for whatever reason, be something my fault or not, I always try to take the blame.... which brings me to...
11) I was baptised as Catholic and when I was little went through First Communion and all of that but my family has never really been religious so we don't practice, or follow, any religion. I do believe there is a higher power, I'm not sure who or what it is but I feel that it's out there. I'd say I'm a little more spiritual than religious... if that makes sense. Although I don't really get all spiritual either. It's more of just a feeling of what's right and wrong and some one's always watching you as you make those decisions. Yes they do judge but they are a fair judge and the things that happen in life are brought on you by the decisions you make and the paths you take, it's not really luck or Karma but I often refer to it as such cause it's just easier that way:-)
Debby's Questions for me:
1) TV show you never miss.
There are so many to choose from! I have 3 TVs that actually have DVRs to capture shows each day of the week so that I can watch them. I'm a little addicted to TV. Although it's much less of an addiction than it used to me cause I don't get so frantic if I do miss an episode of something. Mainly because now a days I know it will eventually come out on DVD and I can catch it then or there are several spots on the internet I could try.... LOL! I like a wide variety but my favorites are Dexter, True Blood, New Girl, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Mike and Molly... just to name a few:-)
2) Favorite author/book of all time.
I don't really have a book that I'd read over and over again but for authors I do like to try to read all things written by Sherrilyn Kenyon or Christine Feehan. I am behind on them however, cause I've been trying to broaden my horizons... LOL! I have a goal to read 100 books & see how long it takes... I'm not a fast reader because I read off & on, not routinely at all, so it's just a way to make me read more cause I do like to do it I just don't always make time & this makes me make time:-)
3) If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Well, I'd like it to be somewhere I haven't already been and I do have a fascination with rain forests cause of all the cool and beautiful things you can see so it would either be somewhere like Brazil or Rio. I have always wanted to go on an African safari also so Africa would be another option.
4) Favorite color.
5) Your most annoying habit.
To myself or others? LOL.... I'm not sure really. For my boyfriend it's that I cut him off a lot when he's trying to talk. To my defense though he often takes these pauses that make me think he's done.... LOL! I'm not really sure what else, I'd have to ask around. The most annoying one for me is I procrastinate a lot! Especially if I am playing on the Internet, be it from my iPhone or the computer. Oh, that's another annoying habit of mine for my boyfriend... I am on Facebook and playing games & such on my iPhone A LOT!!
6) Home school or public school.
Which did I go too or which do I think is better?? I went to public school and while a lot of them aren’t so good now a days, or the kids aren’t always so good, I’d have to say I’d prefer public school over home school. Well, I have to take that back cause I think if you have the right type of parent or adult supervision for homeschooling & there is a program involved where you are socialized with others that experience could be much more rewarding. I’m more into the arts, any kind of arts…. I love creativity, and a friend I know does homeschooling with her child and part of their deal is they get together with other home school children in their area once a month for extra curricular activities that involve things like going to musicals, plays, shows, museums, so on & so on. I would have loved that type of hands on learning and public schools (or at least those in my area) just don’t have the money for that.
7) Sunshine/Rain/Snow/ favorite weather.
My favorite weather, like the type that I could live with day in & day out, would be sunny, blue skies, maybe a few clouds, no humidity, maybe in the lower 70’s. With evenings being a little cooler so I could still wear my favorite hoodies & sweatshirts:-)
8) Big Purse/ Little Purse/ Diaper bag/ No bag?
I guess I’d say medium purse? Ok, maybe it’s big. It depends really, I have a friend that sells purses so I get good deals (nothing over $65 usually and they are look a likes & such) so I have my fair share (ok, more than my fair share:-) If anyone is interested in having a purse connection I can hook you up with her, she sends emails sometimes with what she has or will look for things if you have requests. She’s an awesome lady. Of course she’s located in Minnesota but she may be willing to ship things if the order is worth her while/cost to do so… I could inquire just let me know:-) In comments or just hit the email on my profile page and send me a note.
9) Favorite exercise?
Right now it’s walking, cause it’s what I can get myself to do routinely. I do like to use the Wii and it’s different programs, like Zumba and such, but now that I have people living with me again I don’t really have the space for it anymore.
10) Favorite drink?
The healthitically correct answer would be water here right?? Yes I made that word up:-) I do drink an awful lot of it and most of the time it’s all I drink but alas, it’s really not my favorite thing to drink, it’s more of a habitual drink I guess. My favorite soda used to be Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. It was yummy. First of all diet Dr. Pepper almost taste like regular Dr. Pepper (I swear, try it if you haven’t) so that’s a plus and then the cherry vanilla flavor gave it a sweetness that made me feel like I was having a dessert treat:-) I haven’t seen it around lately, unless there’s one of those fancy mixology type soda machines around and they have it as an option. On the alcohol front I love a good, fruity, slushy, drink (like a blended margarita or something along those lines)… preferably in a nice sunny, tropical location but I’ll take it where I can get it I guess… in moderation of course:-)
11) Are you afraid of dying?
I’m not so much afraid of dying as I am of the process of dying. When my time comes I just want it to sneak up and take me, then we’re good. If death is gonna play with me for a while before it takes me, well that I am afraid of! I'm also afraid of that process when dealing with my family... I'm not sure anyone wants to suffer so I like to believe they feel the same & want it to sneak up on them but I don't wish it for anyone cause what if it happens and I am to blame for wishing it?? Yeah, my mind thinks in weird ways I know:-) My dad did go quickly, so did my grandparents on my mom's side, but my grandparents on my dad's side had medical issues that they dealt with. Not sure if any of that is a sign for me but I am doing what I can to live healthier so I do live longer than they all did:-) My mom is still living but she's only 58 and now a days, if you are healthy enough, that's just a little over the 1/2 point:-)
Whew, that's that! I am a wordy one:-) Now I'm supposed to pick fellow bloggers to answer some questions that I make up however, a lot of those I follow have already done this.... a time or 2 even. I'd like to try to pick some that haven't so that may take a little while to figure out. I'll work on that and the questions for a part 2 post:-) That's breaking the rules a little I know but I have a little rebel in me:-)