Thursday, October 13, 2011

Z Brings Ya the A-Z of Me

Jenny Matlock
 
The Alphabe-Thursday is coming to another end so what better way to end it than with the A-Z of Me??  I saw this first on Miss April's blog.  I decided it would be a great way to end things and give a little info about me, that you may not have gathered already from past posts... so here goes....

A. Age - 39 and unlike most I don't really have a problem knowing that 40 is right around the corner (well in July that is:-)  In fact, it will help me remember how old I actually am without having to go through the process of doing the math anytime I'm asked.... let's see what year is it, 2011-1972=39... yep, 39:-)

B. Bed size - Queen but I buy a King size comforters & blankets just so that there is a little extra when I'm stealing them at night:-)

C. Chore you dislike - Just one??  I don't like any chores really!  I much rather blog, read, watch TV, listen to music, vegetate or go out & have fun!  Alas, they must get done... I guess the one I put off the longest is cleaning my cockatoo's cage.  He is the one that suffers, ok I do too cause it does get a little smelly if I feed him fresh veggies or fruits.  The problem is that I have to wear a mask to do it otherwise all the dust gets me all sneezy & wheezy ending up with asthma like issues for a few weeks!  But I love him so I do it... it just takes me a little time to work up to it and do it right so that I can skip the sneezy, wheezies!

D. Dogs - I have 2 dogs.  A Min Pin named Mogli and a Jack Russell named Karma.  Karma is really the boyfriend's dog but I've accepted her as mine:-)  She's a mix of Jack Russell and Pappillion but looks like a full blood Jack... just floppier ears, which are my favorite part:-)  Here is a fun little collage photo of them along with Tangelo, the cockatoo mentioned in C:-)


E. Essential start to your day - On a work day I must wash my hair!  I can't get ready in the morning if I don't:-)  Other than that it's the hypothyroid drug... gotta take that to keep the hormone levels on the up & up!

F. Favorite color - I bet if you looked at my blog set up you could guess that it's..... PURPLE!!!  Love it, for no particular reason other than it's awesome:-) 

G. Gold or silver - I guess I preferred gold at one time but I do have a lot of silver and my favorite ring is white gold, which looks silver... I guess I'll go with white gold & then it's the best of both worlds right??

H. Height - 5'4 & that's all I gotta say about that.  Ok, wait... I don't think it's all that short but I get a lot of short jokes made around me.  I may be shorter than the person making the joke but I'm not all that short in comparison right?  Eh, I don't really care I just didn't want to leave the number all by itself here... LOL!

I. Instruments you play(ed) - Um, do air drums count??  That's about all I got here... maybe the triangle a few times in grade school... when we actually had music classes!

J. Job title - I'm a Senior Claims, Benefits Project Coordinator.  Tells ya just what I do and sounds like loads of fun huh??  It's a difficult job to explain so that the details of what I do exactly come across without sounding like it's just a glorified data entry clerk!  It's in the health ins field and involves setting up the computer system to process our member's medical claims accurately according to their benefit contracts.  It's a very technical job that requires lots of patience and a love for digging into issues to resolve them... and that's just the tip of the iceberg:-)

K. Kids - Just my pets.... not human ones now or ever.  Kids can be great but it takes a special person to be a parent and that's just not me.  I never really want to grow up so I can admit that and I can enjoy other's kids, as I act like one myself:-)

L. Live - In the grand old state of Minnesota, St. Paul to be exact.  It's the capital and our weather is winter like for more months than not & then humid for the other half, but hey it's home and I do love it... the home part not the winter or humidity so much.  Thank God we do have some nice days in there sometimes:-)

M. Mom's name - Liesellotte... she's full blood German and goes by Liz:-)

N. Nicknames - Mel is the main one, short for Melanie (which is my real name, that I don't really use here:-)  That's about it really... kinda boring....

O. Overnight hospital stays - I remember being in the hospital when I was about 3 or so.  I had a broken arm cause I jumped off a picnic table and smashed into a tree just right.  I'm not sure why I ended up being in the hospital cause it was close to when the cast was being taken off.  I think they were afraid it wasn't healing right and I was young so they decided to keep me & then remove it and see what they found.  I think it ended up being ok cause I don't remember them rebreaking it or anything horrible like that... maybe I blocked it out....

P. Pet peeves - Negativity!  Lord knows I have my moments but usually I work through it quick enough to see the good sides of things if I can.  Ok, it may take a while occasionally but I do it cause you know what???  There is always something good if you look hard enough:-)  I do get in bad moods quite often though over negative stuff... would that count as being negative??  Hmmm, I think so... I better work on that!!

Q.Quote from a movie - "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that." ~~~ Lloyd Dobler, Say Anything (loved his nervous, sweet natured energy:-)

R. Righty or Lefty - Righty, as long as we are talking about which hand we use cause politically I'm neither:-)

S. Siblings - A brother and a sister... both younger than me.  They are a year apart, my sister is 5 years younger than me and my brother is 6 years younger than me.

T. Time you wake up - on a work day the alarm goes off at 6 a.m. then I wash my hair and lay down again until about 7 a.m.  I used to go back to sleep but now I read... a book or catching up on blogs and play a little Word with Friends if I need to catch up on some games:-)

U. Underwear - Yes I wear them.... can't go commando, I just feel naked!

V. Vegetables you don't like - I don't like to eat onions or peppers, other than pepperoccini's, unless they are ground up to a nothingness that I don't have to bite into when I eat what they are in.  I love the flavors but don't like to eat them when they are chunky... I think it's a texture thing of sorts. 

W. What makes you run late - Spending too much time playing on my iPhone as I read books, blogs or play Words with Friends... LOL

X. X-rays you've had - My arm when I was younger & broke it... I don't remember but I'm pretty sure that had to take place to figure things out.  My hand, foot/ankle, and teeth of course:-)

Y. Yummy food you make - I make a pretty tasty chili... which I just made a batch of over the weekend and it is pretty tasty if I do say so myself:-)  I also love when I make taco salad... yum!
  
Z. Zoo animal favorites - I love all animals really but my favorites are the monkeys cause they are fun to watch, pandas cause they are just beauteous, and Giraffes... they seem so graceful when in cartoons I've always seen them portrayed as being clumsy. 



So that is the A-Z of me and the end of another Alphabe-Thursday.... do click on the link above to check out the other entries and join up in Nov when the next round begins (it's too fun too miss!).

12 Unleashed voices:

Splendid Little Stars said...

Wow! That was fun!
Thank goodness for people like you who enjoy their jobs and do them well!

Beth said...

Good post. I dislike negativity, too.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

That was a sweet little look into who you are! I love it....

Sue said...

Had fun reading this!

I will be 60 next year, so 40 is looking pretty good to me.

And I like your idea of buying king-sized blankets for your queen-sized bed.

=)

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

This is fun! Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading it all!

jeannette said...

Wow, you went to great lengths for this post!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

awesome getting to know more about you. I love purple also, and we are alike in so many other ways.

Karen S. said...

Okay! This was a neat idea...thanks, it brightened my mood!...an awesome read!

Vicki/Jake said...

Great way to end this year. I see some stuff I can relate to. And I understand not wanting to grow up:) Just kinda late for me to not have kids...

See ya next time around!

Judie said...

I agree with Karen! This was a VERY neat idea for a "Z" post!!!

Andy said...

Hello.
WoW! You definitely went all out for the end of Rd3!

This was fun to read & I too love purple.
Nicely done!

Thanks for sharing.

The Evening Zephyr

Jenny said...

What a zippy little Z post!

I'm with you on so many of your letters...especially the purple and the negativity. I do, however, like chunky veggies!

I bet a min pin and a Jack Russell keep you hopping. Those are two energetic breeds!

Thanks for a fun stop this week.

I'll Z you soon!

A+

Total Pageviews