Saturday, October 15, 2011

Within These Walls


Proceed with caution as you enter
but please come in and enjoy your stay
don't let my outward appearance keep you
or the fact that it smells of wooden decay

Within these walls are many memories
some as splintered as my appearance
but they tell the tales of love and happiness
along with hardship and perseverance

My floors may creek and be weak in spots
but once they provided a strong foundation
for families to grow and support each other
after a hard day's work at the plantation

With some know how and loving care
new memories can be made to share

Jenny Matlock

11 Unleashed voices:

Viki said...

What a great idea writing the centus from the house's perspective. I loved this idea. Wonderful, well written centus.

Sue said...

Liked the point of view and the sentiment.

Well done!

=)

Daydreamertoo said...

Lovely use of the prompt. We can make a shack into a home with patience, time and love eh!

Karen S. said...

Oh now this was a very awesome idea...but also I just really like the vision I see from looking at Jenny's prompt photo with the color burst from your blog surrounding the photo...it just brings out such a lovely glow to the old house!

Judie said...

Sue, that's the way I felt about my grandmother's old farmhouse, before they tore it down. I was so sad that no one else would ever live there!!

anitamombanita said...

I love the optimism. Nicely done.

Bookie said...

The house speaks! Well done!

Christine said...

nice write, I often see dilapidated farm houses and wonder their story, a plantation home would probably have some sad ones and some amazing stories of strength

Dazee Dreamer said...

wouldn't that be something if the inside of that house was totally redone, and you had to cross the door to see it.

Splendid Little Stars said...

perfect! love the imagery this call s to mind!

Jenny said...

How neat.

I would never have thought of writing from the house's perspective! I'm glad you did, though, because this was a really fun read!

Love the sentiment!

Really clever!

Total Pageviews