Saturday, October 1, 2011

No Longer in Service

Jenny Matlock

Complaining won't make it go away
it only makes you annoying.
Most keep the toxic things at bay
along with those that are cloying.

Our relationship you have impeached
so when you call don't you be nervous
but the number you have reached
is no longer in service.

My sanity I must protect
and it was fragile to begin with
I was considered sane last I checked
but maybe that was just all a myth.

Distance can make the heart grow fonder
or so someone long ago once said
but that's a phrase I'll have to ponder
in case that person was just mislead.
©MDO

9 Unleashed voices:

Judie said...

You nailed the prompt! What a great piece you have written! Brava!!!

Sue said...

Well done!

=)

Nonna Beach said...

What an awesome poem...Standing Ovation and many kudos...what a talent you have !!!

cj Schlottman said...

This take is so powerful. You have written a separation poem in a lovely way. Thanks.

Namaste............cj

Dazee Dreamer said...

great job. I'm always impressed how easily poems come to some of you.

Karen S. said...

Oh this is great...there are so many visuals from your words in this...annoying, toxic...love it when the words just hit me ! Great centus!

The Cello Strings said...

true, well put.

Viki said...

These was a very impressive poem. I loved it. Good job!!

Jenny said...

I loved this!

Bravo for you!

Bravo for us for getting to read your cool use of this prompt!

Total Pageviews