Friday, October 14, 2011

Forest of Life


Rooted mentally to this world,
my Earthly roots have come unfurled.
I twisted when I should have twirled
some obscenities may have been hurled.

I'm free to wander if need be
what holds me back is only me.
My eyes were closed but now I see
in the forest of life, I'm not a tree.

I do branch out and take things in
but I don't have bark, it's only skin.
It does it's best to keep things within
but in comparison it's rather thin.

My limbs help me wander to and fro
now a tree can't do that as you know.
The things I learn help my mind to grow
but I don't end up with a leafy afro.

Yes I'm rooted but it's a choice I make
and the rules around why are rather opaque
but I'm mentally rooted and wide awake
so in the wonders of the forest I can partake

this write was inspired by the above image, not sure who the artist is but it was posted by a facebook friend (George Baker).

2 Unleashed voices:

Dazee Dreamer said...

your brain is amazing.

Splendid Little Stars said...

cool picture!
lovely poem! You've captured some of life truths for a human being.
Splendid Little Stars

Total Pageviews