Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Self Acceptance

Jenny Matlock

Some say bury me face down
so the world can kiss my butt
others say mummify me
as if they were King Tut

If I were a better person
and by other's words not stung
I'd want to hear what was said
about me If I die young

I'm older now you see
so now I can only die old
but age is just a number
whether I'm warm or cold

Maybe I should know while living
what people really think
then again maybe not
cause their opinion may stink

I'm me, that's all, nothing else
it's a simple matter of fact
sometimes when I want some fun
I may act a little cracked

We all have our moments
it's what makes us unique
and if others must do so
then let them critique

Cause we are who we are
and change if you must
but accept who you are
self acceptance or bust
©MDO

5 Unleashed voices:

Dazee Dreamer said...

Yeah, what you said. And I might add, you said it quite well. Great job.

Rek said...

Well said...someone will always find fault when given a chance, may as well live happy with ourselves...very good take on the prompt and I loved the way the verses were built.

Daydreamertoo said...

LOL I love the thought of being buried with your butt facing upwards! LOL
Kinda you can kiss me A** LOL
Loved the fun of this.

Nonna Beach said...

Excellent as always !

I love it and agree !!! LOL

Jenny said...

I'm kind of still giggling over the 'kiss my butt' statement. I like that.

I may have to suggest that to my husband in the event that I go first - ha!

You're so clever!

You must be feeling all better now. Hooray!

Total Pageviews