Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Twirling Candles


Some want to watch the fire
But they don’t want to feel the wax
It’s like a burning desire
Or an electric tickle in their pants

My candle burns at both ends
And I twirl it too and fro
To feel the message the wax sends
While I enjoy the fire light show

Most of the time I’m in the safe zone
Where hardly a drop will reach
But then when I’m feeling all alone
I twirl and just hold in the screech

I love the fire, its passion and heat
And the wax shows me that I’m alive
They work together no need to compete
It’s that same balance for which I strive

To live well we must endure bad
Cause eventually they will meet
It’s the tough times I’m glad I had
For they taught me that life is a treat

6 Unleashed voices:

Mary said...

I enjoyed this poem very much! Lovely thoughts.

Nara Malone said...

I'm lime you, not the sort happy just to watch. :)

Christine said...

Those last lines are so true.

beccagivens said...

It’s the tough times I’m glad I had
For they taught me that life is a treat


Oh so true ... so many lessons to learn and appreciate with gratitude!

Ali said...

Love it... great poem!! xx

Whitesnake said...

Such is life!

Total Pageviews