Monday, July 18, 2011

This I Swear


It has been a crazy year of three.
When will they go away from me?
Neither a borrower nor a lender be
I in the future just you wait and see.

It’s time to take back all control
of my own house, now a hell hole.
Come out of living like a mole
and take back my life they stole.

Family not really close now broken,
I will no longer be their token.
Their thanks will never be spoken
even if I’m on my deathbed croaking.

I will happily move on when they clear
after I remove from my back their spear
and I will not shed a single tear
or ever let them come back to live here!

7 Unleashed voices:

Daydreamertoo said...

I know this feeling. sometimes I feel like a servant (unpaid) to my hyper teen, She has more energy than the two of us put together but, she sees keeping clean, teeth cleaned and tidying up her room as chores I MAKE her do.
Sheesh. I hear you on this one.

celticsea said...

Great job with this week's prompt. I do hope that this is an imaginary situation, not based on reality because it sounds like a miserable state of existence!

Linda Jacobs said...

I hope she means what she says! No one should feel this way!

Laurie Kolp said...

I can relate... great emotional take on the prompt.

nara malone said...

Sounds like someone's all borrowed out. Great job with the prompt.

gsb3 said...

I feel your frustration, although I hope most of this is a temporary mood. I hope things get better for you. Good luck.

Mike Patrick said...

On my deathbed croaking? Sounds like some of my relatives, but I don't have it so bad. My nephew has a condo right outside Disney World. You should hear some of his stories.

Total Pageviews