Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Necessary Neurosis



Jenny Matlock
 

Necessary neurosis
at least not halitosis
it may seem precocious
but it's my diagnosis.

I live it everyday
and I like it that way
keeps the doldrums away
and can be fun, hooray!

Not to be confused
with a sense of humor unused
or a brain that's bruised
one must usually be amused.

It's crazy but it's good
there's a brain under the hood
and it may be misunderstood
but at least it's not wood.

Say it with me now
it's nothing like mad cow
others may raise a brow
it's necessary neurosis, ciao!

12 Unleashed voices:

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

I love this! What talent!!

Have a great week,
Barb

Dazee Dreamer said...

woo hoo. *clapping hands*. that was great.

Paula said...

What a completely fun post and poem. I do believe I have that condition as well!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This was such fun to read that I read it out loud.

mom2kiddos said...

Haha I loved this! And I totally agree with you. I do subscribe to necessary neurosis. It is definitely necessary to keep me sane!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

Such fun! I enjoyed "there's a brain under that hood."

I'm following your blog now - #75!

Vicki aka Jake said...

I can relate!! this was a fun read:)

Ames said...

That is a great poem!~Ames

Teresa said...

How fun! This is certainly one that is easy to relate to!

lulumusing said...

Necessary neurosis...I like that! I have it but not in such a cleverly presented way.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

...fun...and I must say for myself...I'm happy that what's under my hood is also not of wood :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
...having fun catching up on some blog reading! If you get a chance to stop by...please leave a comment so that I know you were there :o)

Jenny said...

What a nifty little neurotic ditty!

Loved this!

My husband often tells people he has 'mad cow' and tries to blame his forgetfullness on it.

I'm not buying.

But, Lord, he keeps trying to sell it to me anyway!

Thanks for the smile.

A+

Total Pageviews