Saturday, July 2, 2011

Life's Bonfire

Jenny Matlock

Oh say can you see
beyond your own nose
it's not as big as can be
but may be difficult I suppose

The world's a big place
and you're just a speck
you may have a pretty face
but what's inside you should check

Cause if it's not good
it festers within
you'll start rotting like old wood
it'll start showing through your skin

If inside is great
then outside you'll glow
and past your nose will await
a future that you'll bestow

There's a moral here
that we should all learn
if you try to exude cheer
then you won't be wood and burn

11 Unleashed voices:

cj Schlottman said...

How clever and optimistic! Well done.

Namaste........cj

Judie said...

How clever! Bonfire of the vanities!!!!!

Christine said...

Well done. I see so much beauty in the character of people that I really don't notice the outward appearance at all.

Sue said...

Love your opening lines!

=)

Dazee Dreamer said...

Very, very good. I'm trying my best to start with me.

Jo said...

Very Clever!!! i really enjoyed this take on the prompt!

Jenny said...

Clever, clever, clever.

Love this.

Sometimes I am astonished with the direction some of the prompts go. I think I'm being creative and then, whap!, I realize there is so many more interpretations that never crossed my mind.

Great link!

The Woodswoman said...

Have often wondered why it takes so long to find the "real" person hidden inside. Why is that? The previous commenter have said it all ..... CLEVER!!

Anna said...

Yeah... I'll second that!

Thank you so much for visiting my SC-text!
Best wishes,
Anna
For the benefit of other readers:
A Rainy Day in July-Anna's SC wk 61

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

What a clever poem and what a good lesson it teaches! Well done! laurie

Karen S. said...

Great teaching poem....for we all don't ever want to burn!

Total Pageviews