Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's the Big O

Jenny Matlock
 

One of my favorite O words is oxymoron.  Why?  Well because it has 'moron' in it and I often equated it with the dude that did those OxyClean infomercials.  Billy Mays that's his name!  He died now though so I'm not sure it's appropriate to call him an oxymoron any longer, or has enough time passed?? 

I just have to generalize it and say that it's the word I use for those extra special idiots that lack oxygen to their brain so they are even more moronic than the normal idiots.... oxymorons:-)  There are a lot of them now a days and I feel like I'm related to several!

The normal meaning of the word of course is fun also, it's contradictory words that are put together to describe something.  Like one of the better known ones is "jumbo shrimp".  There are all kinds of them out there in our world, almost enough so that there is one for every person that fits my version of the term... LOL, I kid I kid:-) 

What's your favorite oxymoron, or one that comes to the top of your head if you don't have a favorite?  I'll leave you with 'thinking out loud'... that's one I try not to do too often cause it can get me in trouble:-)



Bet you thought this was gonna be a blog about something else huh??  Sorry, it's a peachy clean blog:-)

7 Unleashed voices:

Ames said...

Well I'm with ya the thinking out loud...it has definitely got me into trouble more than once.
I guess for me it would be what I always tell my grandchildren when they don't listen to me at the pool...."If you drown I'll never speak to you again!"~Ames

Dazee Dreamer said...

dang, now that you want me to come up with one, I can't. errrrrr

Great O word.

from my wicked ways to turning a phrase said...

Mine has and always will be military intelligence. As a vet I know firsthand it doesn't exist. I also fondly remember how many times we as kids were threatened to lose OUR vacation by making dad turn the car around (considering he was the only one on actual vacation pretty funny)

Christine said...

"alone in a crowded room", and yet I know exactly how this feels

Stef said...

a "clean toilet"...now that is an oxymoron if I ever heard one. At leas in my house.

Our Village is a Little Different said...

I could probably come up with 100. I LOVE oxymorons. How about business ethics - or government organization? I also like peace force, a small crowd, tight slacks and terribly good. LOL. Okay, I'll stop now.
-Catherine

Jenny said...

I'm too hot to think of any.

And I don't think a 'dry heat' is technically an oxymoron.

And I don't think my first husband was technically an oxymoron either.

So...

All I can say is...

Cute link!

Clever you.

A+

Total Pageviews