Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Break from Sanity

Jenny Matlock
 
M is for Mental Health
I feel mine being depleted.
Insanity can be quite stealth
and the transition is almost completed.
 
Sanity slips away in tears and fears
sometimes even when you shower.
Insanity invades your ears and gears
taking root like a weed, not a pretty flower.
 
I need to get away from it all
a mental health vacation of sorts.
I know it won't be long before I fall
and then I'll visit those padded resorts.
 
The men will come to take me away
in their pretty, white safety van.
I only hope my insurance will pay
cause I'm staying as long as I can.
 
It'll be quite fun to bounce off the walls
while wrapped up in my white jacket.
Now if only the room was full of balls
so I can jump in them, no need for a racket.
 
My mental health is on a teeter totter
with the insanity outweighing the sane.
I have a man in a white coat for my spotter
and he's prepared for when it takes over my brain.
 ©MDO

9 Unleashed voices:

Judie said...

Hey!! Can I come,too? I need that break as well!! Great poem!!!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Very, very good.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Wow, sounds like exactly what's going on in my mind these days!

I want to come along when you go, we can hang out and babble at each other...

Andy said...

Laughing...hope you have pretty good insurance!

Hope you get the break you obviously need...real soon:-)

Nicely done!

Esther Joy said...

I felt like I was fighting a touch of insanity this week with another round with the IRS! Last year our business, this year they are questioning our personal filing. I am copying EVERYTHING to prove my deductions are right!

mrs. c said...

You are such a terrific writer! I think we all feel this way at times. I am a pre-k teacher and sometimes when i come home after a crazy day with 20, 4-year olds I get a big glass of wine and just sit in my rocking chair to calm down. That's my "padded room", Oh, those bobblehead turtles that you mentioned are earthquake detectors.

Miss April said...

Been there, done that. Great post!

Cheryl D. said...

Bouncing off padded walls sounds like fun! Great poem, but I hope you're doing better so the men in white coats will not have to take you away!

Jenny said...

Gosh, I think you might have written this directly from my brain.

Get out of there...it's a scary place! ha!

This was such a clever link for 'M'. Loved the rhythm of it!

Thanks for sharing.

A+

Total Pageviews