Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ultimate Prize


There's a warrior within us all
sometimes we need to hear the call
and accept we can't all fear a fall
for all we know it could be a ball

Give it a chance you'll soon see
that life is but a mystery
there's no chance it'll be drama free
we have to deal with it to some degree

Resistance of one's happiness
is a bit futile let's not digress
cause even when life is a big mess
it's there to be found I must confess

Let the light shine through your eyes
show that life is your ultimate prize


4 Unleashed voices:

LceeL said...

I have to admit I didn't like this, at first. This particular poetic form doesn't usually fit me well. But when I slowed down and read it out loud (don't you think all poetry should be read out loud?) it made more sense and it felt better - it SOUNDED better. And I like it.

upinthecosmos said...

Well thanks for giving it a 2nd read & yes, poetry is much better when read out loud:-) I have to admit that I wrote this one very quickly & it just formed 100 words without me even trying too hard so I just posted it. I was on my way out...

I'm glad it worked better once read aloud... I had to read it several times myself later & considered removing it but figured it's all in interpretation so left it:-)

Tara R. said...

Sometimes we do just have to make that leap, whether we are scared or not

Velvet Verbosity said...

The way of the warrior... :)

Total Pageviews