Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Refills on Lemonade



Today is a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade
without the annoying pulp
I filled my glass full very quickly this morning
and throughout the day I gulp

We’ve had freezing and humid weather galore
so far in this crazy year
that when we receive these rare beautiful days
we must drink up and cheer

Too bad I spend most of the day cooped up inside
good thing for the window
my compliments go out to Nature’s fine chef
cause boy that picture does glow

But work I must to pay the bills
later hopefully some thrills
and tomorrow maybe refills
©MDO

4 Unleashed voices:

HermanTurnip said...

This sounds like a perfect drinking toast. Cheers! :-)

LceeL said...

I wonder how many people will have NO IDEA what I'm talking about as I raise my glass and say, "To tomorrow's refills".

Teresa said...

Another great poem...cheers!

barbara said...

poignant - hopefully some thrills.

thanks.

Total Pageviews