Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Eyes Have It


It’s all in that icy stare
Or the one saying you care
The sunglasses, let’s be fair
You’re not just hiding from the glare

The eyes, they really say it all
In all creatures, big or small
Take a look, make the call
Perfectionism in a ball

Look deep within, they welcome you
There’s information, old and new
The person may not have a clue
It’s their eyes you see them through

The window to their soul
Get to know them is your goal
The mouth can be a big black hole
Get past that and you’re on a roll

14 Unleashed voices:

lori said...

Sometimes eye contact is hard for me, so when I'm able to connect with someone in that way, it's a big deal. It's always nice to truly be seen :)

gracies tough journey said...

Wow another good post. I always wear sunglasses when I am outside or when I can get away with it. I have this thing, I dont like people looking into my eyes. I feel they will see more than I want them to see. The eyes always tell the truth. Gracie

Brian Miller said...

there are so many people out there with stories to be heard, if we would open our mouths and mean them

Tino said...

I spy, with my little eye, a poem thats not half bad.

Very enjoyable to read, easy flow.

Claudia said...

the eyes indeed are the windows of the soul and often you can read in them like in open books..

Whitney Lock said...

Eye contact is sometimes so uncomfortable. Sometimes it's never more-so than when you're looking in the mirror.

arcticwren said...

There's a real truth in this.... very nice.

from my wicked ways to turning a phrase said...

irionically you could have used this twice if you were being lazy
or tired from the day to day making everything hazy.
I love when you choose to write in ryhme
i've loved every poem every time.

from my wicked ways to turning a phrase said...

irionically you could have used this twice if you were being lazy
or tired from the day to day making everything hazy.
I love when you choose to write in ryhme
i've loved every poem every time.

Tara R. said...

You really can tell so much about a person from their eyes.

Carrie said...

love this. The eyes truly can reveal so much.

visiting from 100 words

barbara said...

I love to make eye contact with people - it really does tell something about them, and you.

One thing I had to learn, though, about working with the Alaska Native population, is that lack of eye contact is a cultural show of respect in many of the sub-groups. So hard for me sometimes.

annamuse said...

In a twist of fate, I also posted a piece called "The Eyes Have It" today in response to the Red Dress Club writing prompt on Beauty!

Love that your post is poetry. It speaks volumes with an economy of words that often eludes me!

Bo said...

Very true! I have found that you can really tell alot about someone from their eyes.

Total Pageviews