Monday, June 20, 2011

Adult A.D.D.


Float like a butterfly,
sting like a bee,
there’s nothing quite like my
adult A.D.D.

Look there’s a squirrel!
A purple kangaroo!
Hold it I’m late!
Remember the Shmoo?

The mind how it whirls,
I get nauseas at times,
so to keep in control
I often think in rhymes.

I love the Suess Grinch!
Man, oatmeal is grand.
I wonder how far
this rubber band will expand?

I’m not sure how I make it
to work every day.
Although it gets harder
cause I’d rather just play.

Oops, stretched it too far,
it looks like a worm.
No, I did it yesterday.
What a dirty medical term!

I often break out in giggles,
people may think I’m weird
but I hang with the sane
cause I use them as my beard.

What, that’s a gay term?
Well I can use it too!
Man, I think I’m hungry.
Remember the Great Kazoo?

Green is such a fun word.
I don’t want those peas.
How come all chopsticks
remind me of skis?

Sometimes being bored
is taken for granted
When the sun’s not out
does it still revolve the planet?

Complaining, no way, never!
I enjoy being random.
It’s like the sane and the insane
sides are sky diving in tandem.

Swirling thoughts linger,
much like teens at Abercrombie,
but I won’t ever become
a drug induced zombie.

12 Unleashed voices:

Tulika Verma said...

sheer brilliance!

sweet pea. said...

haha, i love this. it made me smile.

thanks for your comment =)

Andy McDonald said...

That was one of the funniest, most random things I've ever read! Brilliant!

Whitesnake said...

TKO!

Mike Patrick said...

LOL. Somewhere, Dr. Suess is spinning in his grave—but he’s laughing too.

Laurie Kolp said...

Hilarious... I can so relate!

Nara Malone said...

I hear you. I've got a butterfly brain too and I enjoy it...most dyas.

beccagivens said...

DEEE - LIGHTFUL!! \\(^o^)//

imnotaverse said...

I like the stream of consciousness effect you have going on here. It works particularly well because you mention the ADD in the first stanza.

gautami tripathy said...

Nice work!

fruits dance on the walls

Jingle said...

musical flow.
love it.


;)

Short Poems said...

Nice site you have here. You write some good poetry, love it :)

Total Pageviews