Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wise Words

Jenny Matlock

Although the traditional gift
for a first anniversary is paper
if that's what you get your sweetie
you may need a chisel and scraper.

She may become irrational
stomping your feelings without knowing
but sometimes it's hard to stop
those hurtful words from flowing.

It's not because she's greedy you see
it's the thought behind it that counts.
A piece of paper is only great
when an awesome gift it mounts.

If you are the daring kind
that has a skill with the written word
then simply jot it down on paper 
and you'll have her way past the third.

11 Unleashed voices:

Dazee Dreamer said...

haha. great poem.

Jo said...

wonderful poem!

Sue said...

A really good love note is the best gift ever!

=)

Judie said...

There's nothing better than getting it in writing!! Good post!!!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very nice:@)

Jaquandor said...

Very nice!

BECKY said...

Hi! I thought I commented on this yesterday, but guess I read it and then forgot! Good job!

cj Schlottman said...

Sweet!

Namaste.........cj

Nonna Beach said...

Excellent and enjoyable poem...So clever too !!!

Nasreen said...

haha...totally loved it. She seems uncannily like me...I think i'd do the same

Jenny said...

Cute! I just say NEVER GIVE APLIANCES FOR ANNIVERSARY PRESENTS!

I always tell my husband now just to write me a letter...ahhhh...he tries, and his struggles to compose something romantic always touch me more than any gift could!

Thanks for a neat use of the prompt this week.

Total Pageviews