Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Starved



Like a newborn fledgling
chirping for nourishment
I hunger for your love
to keep my soul content

It's like I've been starved
my whole entire life
and you are the only one
that can get me through my strife

Nothing special needed
only you being you
that's all I really ask
that's all you need to do

Honesty is sustenance
it's what keeps the bond pure
and humor is important
in fact that's the allure

I'll try not to over indulge
but it's not an easy chore
so if you can just keep up
I will love you forever more
©MDO

6 Unleashed voices:

Carrie said...

great poem! I loved this line: Honesty is sustenance it's what keeps the bond pure

Tara R. said...

I like that this poem has a feeling of hope and affection.

LceeL said...

I like this a lot - but I only count 97 words.

upinthecosmos said...

Thanks LceeL. I just let it flow & forgot about the 100 word part... I'm surprised I was as close as I was. It's 100 now:-)

barbara said...

nicely done

Velvet Verbosity said...

Uh oh y'all, Lceel is counting! :P

Sweet poem, thanks for sharing.

Total Pageviews