Sunday, May 22, 2011

Reflection

Jenny Matlock


Blinded by the reflection
in the mirror of deceit
maybe it's the image
that I simply can't defeat

I see it everyday
it stares straight at me
and it's usually grinning
mischievously showing it's glee

I'm at a loss for why it follows
behind me where ever I go
if it's with me or against me
I really don't know

I don't fear it ever
 but I wonder why it's there
it watches me watching it
as I try to style my hair

It's part of me I know it
it makes my insides wilt
if you haven't guessed yet
I simply call it guilt
©MDO

10 Unleashed voices:

Sue said...

This Centus is a guilty pleasure, for sure...

Nice.

=)

Judie said...

Hahaha! I have to agree with Sue! Great take on the prompt!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I like the way you split the prompt, neat poem:@)

Dazee Dreamer said...

Good, good job.

Amanda said...

What a clever poem! Good inspiration there. :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Very good. I've got that reflection following me lots too. Dagnabit. This was really well done - very rhythmic, meaningful and lighthearted.
xoRobyn

beccagivens said...

Very clever!! :D

5thsister said...

Some reflections can definitely do that to you!

jabblog said...

Excellent!

Jenny said...

Wow.

I read this several times and I like the hidden layers of meaning open to personal interpretation here.

This was a really, really neat use of this prompt.

You could do a part two on this and I would be very happy!

Total Pageviews