Saturday, May 7, 2011

Musical Glee

Jenny Matlock

I'd like to teach the world to sing
but first it must teach me
so it takes me gently under wing
as we fly through with glee

There's music in the world you see
I can feel it deep within
just open up it'll set you free
there's no need to feel chagrin

At times I need to stop and grin
and then hum along in tune
I don't belong in a looney bin
and definitely not a saloon

If I bust a move under the moon
one can hope I can't be seen
I may look like a big buffoon
and you may turn a little green



9 Unleashed voices:

Dazee Dreamer said...

And the scary thing is, I sang your poem to the music of the song.

Great job.

Judie said...

Now why couldn't I come up with something as clever and lyrical as your post!!!!!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I love the spirit of this musical post, and I especially like the last stanza. The point of dancing is to look like a buffoon.
Thanks for making me smile.
Robyn

jabblog said...

That was fun! I can sense your pleasure in it:-)

Sue said...

Fun Centus!

And I love the purple on your blog, too!

=)

Nonna Beach said...

I got a good chuckle out of that and sang it after reading it like a poem...works both ways...fabulous job !

Ames said...

Reminds me of:

"Dance as though no one is watching you.....
Love as though you have never been hurt before......
Sing as though no one can hear you.....
Live as though heaven is on earth."

Very nice!~Ames

Jo said...

yes, a sing a long take on the prompt! what fun!!

Jenny said...

I love the musical quality of this little ditty.

I can hear it very clearly playing inside my head...a happy little pop tune!

Thanks for a clever link!

Total Pageviews