Monday, May 16, 2011

Enjoy the Buffet


I often sit and say
after all, tomorrow is just another day
it can't really be kept at bay
whether you want this one to go or stay

Things can't always go our way
even if we try to pray
some times you'll want to yell foul play
while at others it will be hooray

Time can be a fickle valet
who's every command you must obey
or it may be a serene ballet
or on occasion a obscure cabaret

But I like to think of life as a buffet
and we are the ones that fills our tray
when we're through we enjoy the parfait
and once in a while with a little sorbet

11 Unleashed voices:

Rinkly Rimes said...

An interesting little play on rhyming!

Isabel said...

this made me smile

Christine said...

I'm feeling hungry for life now.

Andy said...

I love to eat and your blog title caught my eye!

I like how you use food for life.
(I'm feeling rather hungry now.)

Nice take on the prompt.

Jenny said...

Love it! In need of a buffet right about now!

Search For A Hero said...

Good poem, really liked and it and the others you have on this blog. It's ages since I've written poetry might have to give it another go.

Jessica Prescott said...

So much awesome rhyming!
Fun poem

Brian Miller said...

smiles. this was a fun read...and life is all in how we look at it...if you dont like how this moment is going stick around it will change soon enough...

V. Furnas said...

I totally chant the "after tomorrow" myself. Beautifully done.

JL Dodge said...

Like it a lot !

Whitesnake said...

Not sure I like sorbet

Total Pageviews