Thursday, May 5, 2011

Decisions


The hardest decisions involve things you love
It's those times you look for assistance from above
Sometimes all you need is just the right shove
Hopefully it won't take a facial slap with a glove

If there are people involved, other than you
It just makes it harder to decide what to do
Advice can be given but don't misconstrue
For sometimes those giving it don't have a clue

If it's weight that is the object at hand
Then you must decide if your size is too grand
Cause you don't want to continue to let it expand
Until all your pants need to have an elastic band

When is it things that you need to let go
If it's hurting inside it's then that you know
Toxic things breed a negative flow
And eventually things will come to a blow

Decisions aren't easy as you can see
Not before or after believe you me
But we all have to make them regularly
And then hope in the end that we finally feel free




17 Unleashed voices:

Jingle said...

welcome.
big smiles.
you rock.

:)

love the word flow and the sentiments are superb.

Jenny said...

Decisions,decisions, decisions! The older I get, the harder it is to make one. When in doubt, chose chocolate!

Lolamouse said...

I'm with Jenny! You can never be wrong with chocolate! Happy Rally and thanks for your comments.

The Fat Chick said...

I'm all about a little freedom...and we won't talk about letting it "continue to expand!" lol

I should post a poem or two. I write rhymes as well.

K McGee said...

I love what Jenny said.

The rhyme in this poem made it a joy to read, but if you slow down and drink in the words, the message is every so important. Nice Rally piece. Well done.

Bing (PinkLady) said...

what a cool poem... i love the rhythmic flow here. and there is so much wisdom as well. :)

Lena said...

Indecision can be a problem for me as I seem to keep changing my mind. And you're spot on if there are more people involved....!!

Isabel said...

oh decisions can be hard sometimes... great poem describing it.

Olivia said...

Sometimes all you need is just the right shove..

How poignantly you have composed this one. It does feel all of that while sitting with a brooding head!

Very well expressed..
Many Hugs xox

Judy Roney said...

So many choices and decisions in life. There is so much meaning here.

http://judyidliketosay.blogspot.com/2011/05/why-not.html

Walt Wojtanik said...

We live by our choices. I can live with chocolate!

Ms. Queenly said...

The part about weight seems a bit out of place, like an attempt at humor (or maybe I'm just sitting here with my eyebrow up looking at my queen-sized stockings) but I definiely agree with the sentiments of the piece, especially the part about people giving ignorant and unsolicited advice.

Ms. Queenly

upinthecosmos said...

Thanks Ms. Queeny. The weight part fit in for what I'm going through myself lately in some decisions and there's probably also some attempt at humor cause it's how I cope:-) Thanks for stopping in to read it:-)

beccagivens said...

Nicely done ... but at times I wonder ... "now, why is it we have to make decisions??"

roughwaterjohn said...

Beautifully done, wonderfully said and pleasantly read. Bravo, and thanks!

irisinbloom said...

You made a decision to write a rhyme and submit it to poetry potluck. Good decision. :>)
Iris
http://irisinbloom.wordpress.com
http://poetpost.wordpress.com

irisinbloom said...

You made a decision to write a rhyme and submit it to poetry potluck. Good decision. :>)
Iris
http://irisinbloom.wordpress.com
http://poetpost.wordpress.com

Total Pageviews