Thursday, May 12, 2011

D is for Discombobulated

Jenny Matlock
 

D is for Discombobulated!  Oh how I love that word.  It really explains me. There is a cacophony of sounds inside my head on a daily basis, which is why I changed the name of my blog site here to 'The Voices Within Unleashed.'  I figured if I gave them an outlet they'd allow me a little peace throughout our day.  Some days are better than others I must say but for the most part I wouldn't be me without them all so just call me Discombobulated Mel:-)

What really bites is when the cacophony of the outside world clashes with my inner world.  It's taken years of experience to get the voices to work with me and for me to work with them so when the outside interferes it doesn't always make for a pretty sound... or scene.  Yeah, the voices within are a little over dramatic at times and like to act things out.  It can be anywhere from comical to horror, unlikes any you've ever seen. 

This is about the word today though, it just rolls off the tongue and sounds like what it means... say it with me now.... dis com bob u lated!  In simple terms it's a state of confusion, in my terms it's a state of being on the brink of insanity.  On good days I add 'and loving it' but there are some bad days where I feel like I may just step off that edge and topple over into the realm of psychotic wonder.  I do often wonder what it's like there and wish I could just visit it to see but then what if I liked it and didn't want to come back???  Yeah, for now I just keep myself balanced on that brink and hope that the daily living doesn't have a global warming like effect that erodes away my ledge so that I topple over before I'm ready. 

In the meantime I figure I will just give myself daily hugs cause it gives me a sense of what the snug, white, buckled jacket may feel like in the future when I finally get the honor of wearing one:-)

11 Unleashed voices:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, what a great "D" word!!! I felt that way yesterday! I kept hoping for zen, but the "D" word just was the flavor of the day! lol

XO
Cindy

Vicki aka Jake said...

I know you're serious about all this...but I found it a tich funny:) I have a little sign on one of my blogs that tells the voices to be quiet or I'll poke them again with the Q Tip...

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Oh...I'm laughing...that has always a favorite word of mine..do you remember that old song "we are going to take you away, hee hee, ha ha, to the funny farm?" That's kind of paraphrasing it but it was hilarious and I always used to say they are gonna carry me away one day. :0) So far I've avoided that couture white coat of insanity...there's always the chance though..LOL

I'm visiting for my first time for Alphabe Thursday. I do hope you'll pop in for a visit!

Pink Sparkles,
Stephanie ♥

jfb57 said...

It's a favourite of mine too! well done for spelling it too!

NanE said...

I love that word too, my Mom used to say it all the time! Great D post, TFS, Nan

onangelwings said...

One of my favorite words. Had no idea how to spell it. Thanks for this.
http://reesspace.blogspot.com/2011/05/alphabe-thursday-d-daughter-ducks.html

lissa said...

discombobulated - it describes me very well at times. oh, the headaches we have when we can't sort things out. but that's life, right?

versebender said...

Discombobulated...just fun to say and very descriptive. A great word...and a very clever write. Vb

Jenny said...

I love that word, too. It just feels like what it is!

I'm having trouble quieting the inner voices a bit lately, too. I never thought about the white jacket aspect of it, but...hmmm.... now that you mention it.

Thanks for an unusual post this week. I'm sorry you lost your comments!

A+

Teresa said...

It is such a fun word to say! Certainly the inner voices must be listened to and then evaluated for the truth or insanity.

Cheryl D. said...

It definitely explains how I feel most of the time!

Total Pageviews