Monday, May 2, 2011

The Challenge Never Ends

 

When asked what my favorite subject in school was I would never think of writing.  I never really liked to write back then.  I wouldn't say that it was my least favorite cause that would be math!  I'd have to say my favorite was art, cause there I was allowed to express my creativity.  I guess that I never really realized back then that you also do that with writing.  Maybe because back then the writing we did was more structured and less fun than the A-Z Challenge has been:-)  Now if I had a teacher back in my school years that encouraged writing in a fun way like that, I think I would have discovered then how much I enjoy it.  Writing that is!

I'm not sure when I really discovered my enjoyment for writing but I do know that I started making more of an effort to put some focus on it after a co-worker that often asked why I didn't already do so died.  It was her that sort of got me going and then after a few years it sort of frizzled again until recently when I decided I must pick it back up to find an outlet for stress.  I had moved a lot of what I wrote in the past to my blogger account and only occasionally continued to post things so I figured it was time to get in here and figure out how it worked and where all the fun was at! 

The A-Z definitely helped me to rekindle my love for the creative writing styles.  Since I was new to expanding out here in blogger land I had no followers when I started and I now have 30.  I'm not sure that they all came from the A-Z but a majority of them did.  I have to say that in addition to rekindling and getting followers, I was introduced to other fun blog challenges along the way.  This A-Z blog however has the most followers I've seen to date and I feel like I haven't even broken the surface.  It's almost overwhelming knowing there are so many and not being able to make it around to them all.  I feel like I'm missing out but there just aren't enough hours in the day!

I want to thank each and every one of the A-Z followers that linked into my blog to read what I had to say.  A very special thanks to those that took the time to comment because the comments really do give you that little extra something that makes you want to keep on going.  I want to thank all of the participants for putting their blogs out there for every one to link into.  Sharing your work can be a scary thing sometimes but when I take the time to look at what people have said before me I find that there is an encouraging group of people with a love for writing out here and that in itself is inspiring.

I don't feel like I can call any one person out  because it's such a hard thing to do, although a lot of you have done a great job at doing just that.  It's just my strong point I guess.  So to those of you that run this challenge a great big KUDOS and THANKS FOR THE REKINDLE!  To those of you that have visited and read, thank you so much for taking the time and I hope that you found a little something each time.  To those of you that commented, know that you kept me inspired and I thought of you all with each blog.  To those of you that became followers you are awesome and I hope that you keep finding whatever it is you found that made you want to follow:-)

The A-Z Challenge may have ended but the love of writing never will so the challenge is to keep your blogging alive and well!  I hope that you are all out here long enough for me to read at least one blog from each of you... if not many, many more!  For those of you that are reading this but haven't read a blog of mine before please check out Z is for Zooblogology.  It's the final A-Z and provides links to the full alphabetical spectrum of blogs:-)  Because I completed I even received a couple cool completion awards that I'll post here for good measure:




8 Unleashed voices:

The Fat Chick said...

This is an interesting concept. I'll have to check to this a little further...

Arlee Bird said...

This was uplifting to hear. I'm so glad that this Challenge helped to rekindle your love for writing. It's structured but not in the way writing for school is. There is freedom and an opportunity to connect. And it doesn't totally end with today's post. The Linky lists should be accessible for months to come so you can continue visiting these fine bloggers with whom you have the Challenge in common.

Good luck with your future writing and congratulations for meeting the Challenge.

Don't forget to pick up your Winner's Badge at my site.
Lee
Tossing It Out

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi,

I really liked your Reflections post; you put it all so perfectly.

I enjoyed learning about your pathway to writing too. I am just beginning (believing) that I can give it a whirl, and it is nice to know that sometimes it can take some time.

Congrats for your hard work and for completing the challenge!

Kathy Matthews

Tina said...

Hey, nice to meet you! Congrats on finishing the challenge. But I'm jealous...You got two badges!
Tina @ Life is Good

Karen Walker said...

I am sorry I didn't find you during the challenge, but glad to find you now. Congratulations on finishing. And it is just wonderful that you re-discovered a love of writing by participating in this. Good for you!
Karen

Jennifer Shirk said...

Woo-hoo! It is nice to finish. at least I proved I wasn't too busy to blog every day like I orginally thought. LOL

Paula Martin said...

Congrats on completing the A-Z. I managed it too, but didn't get round to visiting as many blogs as I intended so I'm still trying to catch up! Glad I found yours :D
Paula Martin’s Potpourri

Julie said...

I wish I had found you during the Challenge, but I'm glad I did now. I really enjoyed reading this post, and could relate to much of what you said. I'm looking forward to reading your blog from now on. Nice to meet you, and congratulations on making it to the end! :)

Total Pageviews