Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blooming Chasm

The words you spoke
have made this chasm
and it just grows
causing a spasm

The heart has hardened
like dry clay Earth
the guilt I'm feeling
well you just aren't worth

The bond is crumbling
the tears don't help
cause even moistened
it shatters at your yelp

Those are words of hatred
that you spew at me
if it's how you feel
then why won't you flee

You're not a prisoner
neither am I
so it's up to me
to say good-bye

I must move on now
to save my world
with you not in it
blooms are unfurled



8 Unleashed voices:

barbara said...

there among the words in this rhyme lies much much emotion. Thank you for sharing.

Pat Hatt said...

Tons of emotions you convey
With the write you present today
Can't agree more
As if things aren't working find the door
Then try again
Whether one has to do it one time or ten

kelly said...

I like the part about the bond crumbling. Good job!

Kelly :)

http://simplydeeppoetry.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

you can definitely feel the emotion you crafted with your words.

Bluebell Books said...

beautiful expressions.

keep it up.


check out short story slam today. hope to see your participation.

mindlovemisery said...

"The heart has hardened
like dry clay Earth" Love this part. Beautiful rhymes.

arcticwren said...

I wish I could get my poetry to rhyme! I don't have enough patience. Thank you for sharing with us.

Velvet Verbosity said...

A sadly, all-too-common scenario.

Total Pageviews