Friday, April 29, 2011

Y is for Yosemity Sam

 

I've been told that I dance a little like Yosemity Sam when I've had a little too much to drink so Y is for Yosemity Sam:-)



Click on the picture there if you're interested in learning about him.  Now I loved me some Looney Tunes cartoons, let me tell you, but he wasn't my favorite.  He was always so ornery so when I was told that I danced like him I thought that was just a nice way of telling me I'm an angry drunk!  I loved Marvin the Martian so why couldn't I be compared to him??  Sure, he was always trying to destroy Earth but to be fair... if a tree was blocking your view of some hotties then you'd take it out too right??? Well, he wanted to see Venus better from his home, Mars, so you can't really blame him:-) 

Ok, this isn't a M blog so I'll have to save all that for then and get back to Y!!  Anyways, I was told I dance like him and not that I act like him.  Well as far as I knew he really didn't dance but he did hop around a lot shooting his guns in the sky.  Well, come to find out that it looks like that's what I'm doing sometimes when I dance.  Yeah, I never claimed to be Ginger Rogers or anything!
 
My mind wants to play the association game again so I think that Yosemity's name is inspired by Yosemity National Park and there are some beautiful places there so maybe it really means that I dance beautifully when I'm jacked up on the joy juice???  LOL.... maybe I need to look in the mirror as I dance to see the truth.  Instead I leave you with a picture of Mirror Lake, in the beautiful Yosemity National Park (you can click on it also if you want to read more about it and the park).  I'll take this over a real mirror any day!
 
 

5 Unleashed voices:

Clarissa Draper said...

What a cool lake. I like Yosemite Sam!

Arlee Bird said...

I watched plenty of Loony Tunes, but I always thought Yosemite Sam was pretty annoying. Yosemite park is cool, but I haven't been there for about 50 years. I understand it's a lot more crowded these days.


Lee
Tossing It Out

N. R. Williams said...

Yosemity Sam wasn't my favorite either. I like the Roadrunner.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Ella said...

You brought back fond memories! I love the way you made it a nice version! He wasn't my fav either and you are right, he danced while dodging bullets!

Jenny said...

I visited this beautiful lake only once. I think this is a trip I need to take again!

Total Pageviews