Monday, April 25, 2011

U is for Uranus

 
Now I'm not going to give you facts cause I really don't know any off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to look them up right now.  No pictures either cause the last time I checked the realistic ones were rather boring cause it's sort of a plain looking planet.  U is for Uranus... if you ask me I think that planet got the bum end of the naming scheme.... LOL... get it??  Sorry, I crack me up sometimes and I just need to go where the fingers take me as I do these blogs, which means they wanted to show how crazy I am that I think I'm funny.  Dang fingers! 

I don't know about you but every time I hear the name Uranus all I think about are jokes and how we Earthlings are lucky that it's Earth we live on and not Uranus... imagine if all of us lived on Uranus... that could be painful.  Ok, sorry... I tell ya the fingers just go with what pops into my head.  That's just one of the dangers of typing rather than writing I guess:-)

So I decided to try to add a little blurb about Uranus after all and what do I find on the first site I look at??  The planet is considered to be a gas giant!  Bwahahahahaha, seriously folks it says that!  Check it for yourself at Planets and Moons.  That must be why it's called Uranus, people have told me about your gas problem... sorry I promised not to tell... oops, there I go again on that joke tangent and at your expense this time.  Sorry.  Bad fingers... quite typing everything!  Ok, before I get into too much trouble I'll end things here with a pic of the planet from that site:

Uranus in true & false color

4 Unleashed voices:

Clarissa Draper said...

I always laughed in school when I heard the name too.

Jenny said...

Ummm.... the bum end? Geez, you're clever!

Arlee Bird said...

This post is so sad. This poor planet always seems to be the butt of everyone's jokes. I really think there should be an end to this because I think it stinks. Did you know Uranus is one of the fartest planets-- uh, I mean farthest. Well, enough of this crap. I guess I need to go.


Hope you join us in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post on Monday May 2nd.
Lee

Nate Wilson said...

Wow, how is it that neither you nor Arlee mentioned the faint rings around Uranus? Clearly, we're getting laxative--I mean, lax--in our planetary toilet jokes.

Total Pageviews