Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tears of Renewal

Jenny Matlock
Just 100 words in whatever genre you like (not including the five words of the prompt).
And the prompt this week is:  April showers bring May flowers...

The tears they fall and I wonder why?
It’s almost like my skin’s just too dry.
They stream and flow like rain from the sky.
I feel maybe something’s gone awry.

Outside the snow has come and gone
and all I see is that dirty lawn
but soon all the new growth will spawn
all the while as spring flaunts its brawn.

It’s said April showers bring May flowers.
Do the tears I cry have those same powers?
My cheeks do get rosy after some hours
but I think it’s the salt in them that scours.

It’s a time of renewal, not one of demise.
©MDO

14 Unleashed voices:

Judie said...

When I cry, all I get is red, puffy eyes and a stuffy nose! Great poem!!

upinthecosmos said...

They were a release of what what inside though, freeing up space for new and hopefully better:-)

Bookie said...

Nice poem.Love the dirty lawn and rosy cheeks choices.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I really like the interaction of gloomy and cheery images, especially with the last line pulling in all together in an upbeat way. Nice. Are you new to saturday centus? If so, welcome. If not, nice to meet you!
xoRobyn

Christine said...

Tears do burn the cheeks, and they do have powers, so refreshed after a good cry.

Ames said...

Sometimes crying can be cathartic. I thought this was very lovely!~Ames (nice to meet you!)

Nonna Beach said...

Very good job ! I love the vivid and comparative picture you painted in this poem. Tears can be very cleansing for the soul !

I'm wondering if you are new to Saturday Centus too. Welcome...it's a fun, talented group of people you've linked up with !

Sue said...

Nice job! Is this your first Centus? If so, welcome...

=)

upinthecosmos said...

Thanks all, this was my first. I wanted to get back into writing more routinly & I've stumbled upon some fun ones!

Madge said...

Great poem, I felt your pain.

Karen S. said...

So cool to see you in the mix of SS!! I'm still kind of new myself...and was actually late this week...loved your poem! Thanks and I am a fan of tears of joy.....they make you feel so fresh and new don't they!

Jo said...

I enjoyed your words ... interesting mingling thoughts ...

cj Schlottman said...

Thanks for this little poem. I agree with Robyn about the clever way you tied it all up at the end - with hope.

Namaste..........cj

PS - Welcome!

Jenny said...

I loved the last line you wrote. That is going to haunt me.

Welcome to SC! I like the discipline of following a meme for writing. I hope we see you again.

Thank you for linking up.

Total Pageviews