Saturday, April 23, 2011

T is a Twofer

 
 
Today's letter is T and what's better than a twofer??  So let's begin...
T is for Tangelo my Moluccan Cockatoo.  I've had him since birth and he is now about 10 years old or so.  I love him to death... ok, maybe not to death cause that may be a little counterproductive, or something.  I think I've blogged about him, or mentioned him in blogs a lot recently so I won't go on and on about him.  I just couldn't let T pass by and not mention him since Karma and Mogli got their mentions on the K and M days.  Now there is a great story and poem about a near death experience he once had if you'd like to read more about him here are those links:  Vacuum Nemesis and Dear Melanie.  Here's one of my favorite pictures of Tangelo before we move on to the next T:



T is also for Tattoo.  Man, I love me some tattoos!  There is the stigma that goes with them of course but more and more people accept them now a days.  Sure you still get some that shoot ya looks but hey, I like to think they are just jealous:-)  Ok, maybe they really aren't but I can think what I want... just like they can.  I'm attracted to the art of it and the individuality of it.  Why people get what they get and what they mean to them.  It's interesting cause I get mine and most of the time I don't really feel like I think about a meaning behind them but later there is... I do equate things to them.  It's also interesting that people see me and would never guess that I have 24 of them:-)  Yeah, 24 and room for more!  There is something about the pain involved in the process that is also cathartic.  Yes they hurt, people always ask that.  The hurt is so worth the results though.  I'll leave you with a little collage of a few of my favorites

Photobucket

If you missed the alphablogs for Karma and Mogli then here are those links:
K is for Karma
M is for Mogli

3 Unleashed voices:

Clarissa Draper said...

I love the bird, it's lovely. Not so much the tattoos--couldn't imagine a painful way of painting my body when I can't even stand putting on makeup. ;)

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Great blog post this morning. Thanks for stopping by.

Cyn said...

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! Returning the love...
♥cyn♥
The Purple Goddess

Total Pageviews