Friday, April 1, 2011

Ramblings of a Possible Fool

So it's April 1st... April Fool's Day as some may call it.  I was filled in a few days ago on one of the thoughts on how that name came to be so I'll share that today. 

It is said that in 1564 the Gregorian calendar was changed & the New Year was moved.  Now back in those days the New Year was on April 1st.  Crazy right????  Well they changed it to Jan 1st, as we know it today, & those people who don't like change & still chose to celebrate on 4/1 became known as the April Fools.  Legend has it that the rest of the population that accepted the change would play jokes on them.  Can you picture the Monks playing April Fools jokes on people or people paying jokes on them??  Hold on, gotta finish that picture in my head....

Yeah, that's what fun is made of... ok back to what I was saying....

Well this got me thinking about New Years & the resolutions that people make. How often do people really keep those resolutions?  Maybe those that make them & don't keep them should forever be known as January Fools and by the time April rolls around, you can't make fun of April Fools cause hey... fools of a feather should flock together:-)  I figure a fool is a fool throughout the year so I rather make fun of them when they least expect it rather than on 4/1 when today's calendars tell them to expect it.  Doesn't take a genius people & I didn't make a resolution this year either so I'm not a January fool & it's ok for me to do that. 

So I guess the moral of the blog is to flock or be flocked.... that is the question.  Can a question be a moral? Do I know what I am talking about? Does this even make any sense? Maybe I am a fool... maybe I'm fooling you...

0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews