Thursday, April 21, 2011

R is for Restitution

 

Ok, come on ya'll say it with me now.... RESTITUTION!  Now I know what it really means but what I'm going to tell you today is what it sounds like it should mean.  Think about it, think about it... what does that word sound like??

Restitution ~ being paid to rest

Right?  I mean prostitution is being paid for.... well, you know;-)  So why shouldn't restitution be similar, only it's PG or G rated resting mind you.  No where in that word is it telling me that I have to somehow pay some one back for something I took from them in some way, shape or form.  Sure the 'rest' portion of it is derived from the word 'restore' but come on.  Isn't that what the 'rest' I'm talking about does too?  It restores you from being worn out or tired.  Imagine if we could get paid for that!  How awesome would it be? 

I wonder if it would then become against the law like prostitution is?  Hmmmmm, only if you make your rest fall into the rated R, X, or XXX category I'm thinking.  Maybe even unrated cause you just never know exactly why it's unable to be rated.  It would then only be legal in maybe Vegas and most people are resting there already, some get paid... they may spend quite a bit to do so but hey, they are on their way.  I suppose maybe it would be ok in Amsterdam also but I haven't been there yet so I'm not too positive, I'd think things would get rather crazy there and maybe not too much resting going on.  

So that's my word for today folks, restitution.  Learn it, love it, use it.... let's try to figure out how to earn for it! 

5 Unleashed voices:

WarmSunshine said...

The A to Z challenge sounds interesting! I will take it up some time soon.

Thanks for taking part in last week's Friends Meetup Party. It's Thursday again and we have our first Super Blogger of the Week! Come around and join us for this week's linky party as well :)

Arlee Bird said...

I can go with that definition--perhaps better than the real definition. Sometimes we all need to give it a rest and get some rest.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Great post. Thanks for stopping by and your heartfelt comment.

Wellspring Of The Soul said...

So very sorry about the link, stop by my blog again and try picking it up manually...hope this works, because I am still trying to be familiar with this.

http://wellspring-auvergne.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-was-awarded-stylish-blogger-award-by.html

Wellspring Of The Soul said...

Right click on my image of the award, copy image and save as to your PC...just go to my site and give her a try...best wishes and stay creative...let me know, cosmos.

Total Pageviews